The Young Composers Competition 2010

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Red Dog Brass, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Red Dog Brass

Red Dog Brass Member

Red Dog Brass are delighted to announce the four finalists in our Young Composers competition.

To see the final entries and have your chance to vote for our online prize visit

These are four brilliant pieces by the brass composers and arrangers of tomorrow, so be sure to check them out and support thier efforts.
  2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

went to look out of interest but wasn't able to hear any of the pieces, you might want to put them on the site in an mp3/midi format, and/or save the .sib files in an older sibelius format like 3 or 4 as most people don't use the newer versions.
  3. Red Dog Brass

Red Dog Brass Member

You need to have the latest version of scorch installed, available free from

I will try to update the site with MP3 versions over the next 24 hours.

4. Red Dog Brass

Red Dog Brass Member

MP3 versions now online. Please check them out and vote for your favourite.
  5. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Some interesting stuff there; I presume you're aware that you're allowing download of the actual Sibelius files? Rather than simply Scorch previews?
  6. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yeah that's what I mean, when you click the files, you aren't taken to any scorch previews, that would be fine. Instead it gives you the .sib as a complete download. D'oh?
  7. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

I havn't got sib but managed to access the files through scorch
  8. Red Dog Brass

Red Dog Brass Member

Thanks for your patience guys, We will rectify all issues tomorrow!
  9. Red Dog Brass

Red Dog Brass Member

Only 3 days left to listen and vote.....
  10. Red Dog Brass

Red Dog Brass Member

A great open rehearsal last night, very enjoyable.
    Thanks to the composers for your efforts, and thank you to Aveley and Newham for supporting the competition.
    Only two days left to vote so check out the website today.
  11. Red Dog Brass

Red Dog Brass Member

Results are now out on our website.
    Congratulations to Illiam Quane and Toby Roe!