The wrong test Pieces?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stewie76, Feb 6, 2004.

?

do you believe that the test pieces were mixed up?

1. vote yes for, I believe it is the case.

88.0%
  2. Vote no for, I do not believe it to be true.

12.0%
  1. stewie76

stewie76 Member

Can anybody confirm (who dares!) or deny, that the 2nd and 3rd section test pieces picked for this years areas, were given to the wrong sections, but, because it was too late to change back to their original sections,i.e, because bands had already purchased their items, that it was left as it was?
    I have heard this rumour, and in my humble opinion, think that the 2 test pieces in question, ARE in the wrong sections!
    P.S. Is Tony Blair on the committee that picks the Area test pieces!?
    P.P.S. I am not a conspiricy theorist!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    P.S.
    Area
    P.P.S.
    Tony Blair
    wrong test Pieces
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

When I saw the title to this thread I thought it might be a new film by Nick Park featuring Wallace & Gromit.

[​IMG] It's the Wrong Test Piece Gromit!

Personally, I think the choice of testpieces for this year's areas are spot on.

:wink:

4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Apparently the pieces for the Grand Shield and the Senior Cup last year were mixed up- Grand Shield was Tallis Variations and Senior Cup was Paganini but were meant to be the other way around.

No one will admit it if it's wrong or there would be uproar, especially so close to the area. What makes you think this anyway??

5. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

It could well be as Vizcaya is a test for a 3rd section band but would be too easy for the top second section bands.I think any 3rd section band that can play it will soon be second section.
    eg-Tullis Russell Mills Band

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

One of the press releases listed them the other way round and they had to issue a retraction.

7. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Certainly Alec!!!!!! ;) ;)

Letter W is still causeing some hassle, of course it doesn't help if Louise and Michaela are cheating, and I'm the one having to do all the work! :cry:

8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I just wondered if there was an actual reason for this or if people just thought that their pieces were too hard/ easy. Thanks.

9. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

The programme for the finals in Dundee printed 2 sections' pieces the wrong way round too. I think the only thing wrong here is they hired the same proof reader!!!

I'm curious to know why some people do think the two pieces should have been the other way round - imho there's no way.

10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Agree with Roger. Spot on with this years test piece choices for the Area...

:)

:)lol: Wallace and Gromit!)

11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Agree again that the pieces, in my opinion, are in the right sections.

There was a lot of confusion regarding the tests for the Third and Fourth Section when they were announced 'cos they appear in the wrong order on the Regionals CD - 3, 4, 2, 1, Champ - this was discussed on tMP when the pieces were announced. Here: http://www.themouthpiece.com/viewtopic.php?t=2649

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    P.S.
    Area
    P.P.S.
    Tony Blair
    wrong test Pieces
  13. Dave1

Dave1 Member

I agree that they are correct, rehearsing Vizcaya at the moment and it is a tremendous test for third section bands. I believe there is enough for everyone to be kept interested, good solo lines for cornet and sop (lucky we have a great sop) and plenty of tricky bits for every one else.
    All in all a good choice test piece. Vinter is a particular favourite anyway.
    :lol:

14. ted

ted Member

Which one is harder?
    Vizcaya or Entertainments?

Ted

15. James McFadyen

and a crap rep player! :wink:

16. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Every band admittedly has their work cut out this year for test pieces, but I think there has been no mix-up. The pieces are providing true challenges to put some quality bands into the nationals.

There will be no bluffing this year :)

17. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

I have to agree I think that the test pieces are spot on this year.

18. Dave1

Dave1 Member

Yes James a ***** rep player as well.
    As for which is harder, Vizcaya or Entertainments, well my own opinion is that there is a lot more hiding in Entertainments than Vizcaya and I reckon Entertainments is more difficult.

19. James McFadyen

:lol:

20. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

A little bird told me the other day that next year's area test pieces have already been selected!

Hope they get those in the right order. :lol:

Igg

21. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Championship: Errata Encounters
    First Section: Errata Variations
    Second Secion: Erratascope
    Third Section: Vizrata
    Fouth Section: Erratita for Band

:wink:

22. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member