The worst thing that has happened to you personally in 2006

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

The worst thing that as happend to myself was on Sunday 25th June ,when my father passed away aged 70.
    We are still waiting for the results of what he died of as it is a Industrial Death,just hope the results come through before 2006 is out so, we can get off to a clean start in 2007.
  2. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

Well Ive Had a lot of bad luck this year!! one of the major points though was when i was diagnosed with High grade Spondylolisthesis (the worse case they'd ever seen!) which mah spine had just grown like it from birth! I had to have a 12 hour operation in order for them to put it right .. well i got through that and was ready to go home. The following day i found out the screws had fallen out how typical is that! so i had to go back down to theatre for a following 6 hours for them to replace all the metal work! .. i must say the 2nd op was worse as i knew what was coming! anyway i got through that and was ready to come home then what happend .. i fainted in x-ray so that held me up another day! i was in hospital for a whloe month looking at the same 4 walls! .. im recovering noww from that but have to wear a spinal brace for another 2 months which ive had it on for 2 months already but things are hopefully looking on the up now the only thing is im bored out of my brain as i have been told to take 3 months off school! i dont out of the work that easily though .. have a home tutor whos really nice i must say but im missing my mates so much anyway you'l be getting bored of me lol anyone else had constant band luck this year??
  3. jmb83

jmb83 Member

Being off sick since march 17th with skin complaint.
    So very very bored! Only so much daytime tv one can take before wanting to smash up the tele
  4. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

Know how yah feel! .. its so boring at home!
  5. Di

Di Active Member

At least you have all us nice peeps at tMP to keep you sane. :tongue:;)
  6. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

I supose! Lol .. but without you lot i'l think i'l be dead of bordum!!!
  7. midnight_euph

midnight_euph Member

Five (5) members of my family unexpectedly died within 5 months from May to October. Including a brother and sister, only 2 months apart and without any apparent reason for their 'accidents'.
  8. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

I suppose the worst thing that has happened (or hasn't!) is that the ******** at work haven't made me redundant yet:icon_cry:
  9. Bungle

Bungle Member

After putting my house on the market, I managed to put my foot through the bedroom ceiling whilst getting something out of the loft. I decided to claim on the insurance, thinking I would get someone in to re-artex it and claim the money back. Instead the insurance company subcontract the work to a prefered company. They come around to survey the job and thought the previous artex might contain asbestos. Sure enough when another company took a sample away it conatined asbestos. We now have a company comming in to take the complete ceiling and coving down, then another company has to come along and put the ceiling up, artex it and paint it. We have to have everything cleared out of our bedroom whilst they do this.

The ceiling removal people turned up today, which was a surprise, as we thought they were comming Friday. They went away as we had not cleared the room. We have a buyer for our house and we had hoped to move end of January!
  10. I broke my arm in January and then in September I dislocated my shoulder, due to no-one being around to take me hospital I put it back in my self.

After reading what you lot had put before hand I haven't had a bad year I guess.
  11. jimbo1309

jimbo1309 Member

getting glandular fever in the arm...again and then having to come out because of it but im hoping to go back!!!!!
  12. jimbo1309

jimbo1309 Member

that wasnt jimbo by the way it was his step son mdmyatt
  13. andyp

andyp Active Member

sadly easy to answer - finding out my brother Stuart (BeatThe Sheep) had leukaemia.

However fingers crossed 2007 looks better for him, will know for certain February-ish.
  14. timbloke

timbloke Member

nothing that bad happened to me but a of freind of a freind had the following...

Being late for work so jumping on a train without a ticket, then not finding the conductor to buy one by the time the train gets to the destination, all on the only day in the last 5 years that the "revenue protection officers" are working (with police backup) and getting taken to court and fined for "intent to avoid paying a train fare". And as a result having a criminal record. :(
  15. Di

Di Active Member

Ouch, that sounds nasty. I was told at our local station the other day that tickets can be bought on the train, as this particular station closes at mid-day every day! Wondered what happened when you got to the other end and still didn't get to buy a ticket. :( Isn't there a way he can appeal that?
  16. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

After suffering with for a while, finally being diagnosed with stress, anxiety and depression, having most of the start of the year off, becoming borderline agraphobic, and finally separating from my partner, who the started seeing someone who I considered my best mate.
    But I am ok now :)
  17. timbloke

timbloke Member

Unfortunately in this case the station he was travelling from had a ticket office which was open, and therefore there is no defence - the rules are if the facilities are available then a ticket must be purchased for the entire journey prior to bording the train. If the ticket office wasn't open, or available, then they would ask you to buy a ticket at the other end.
  18. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

It's just happened - about 10 minutes ago. My laptop has had a serious system error and I've lost probably about 3/4 of my data. Hundreds of photographs, loads of Sibelius scores, website files - you name it, they've all been decimated. Some of it was on an old back up and can be recovered; much of it is lost for ever. :(

Needless to say, any tat that was on the laptop is still on the machine, it's only useful stuff that has gone.

Time to invest in a new laptop, I think. :( :mad: :hammer
  19. Obi one Tromboni

Obi one Tromboni New Member

It doesn't really compare to some on here, but -

My best friend left for the Marines in September, so from doing everything together everyday, i've seen her 3times in 4 months :( . Still, she passes out of basic training on thurs, so she'll be back for Christmas by the weekend :D

Also, some prat did a cartwheel into my trombone slide and broke my beloved Conn 88H-O-SGX just in time for Christmas :mad: ... and also hurt my lip quite alot in the process!
  20. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Don't get me started - suffice it to say that last year was awful with Julian having his horrific motorcycle accident and then recovering magnificently - but can honestly say that apart from 1998 when both my parents died - this year has been the WORST I have experienced.