The worst concert ever...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Apr 23, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I've just done the worst concert ever. We had 4 people in the sudience, and we shared the bill with the Operatic Society and some belly-dancers. Belly dancers! I ask you!
    And on top of that the powers that be had, in their wisdom, arranged a karaoke night in the bar next door.
    Having said that, no-one took it seriously and it turned out to be the best laugh I've had in days.
    And yes, I got up to join the belly dancers...:rolleyes:
    BMB
    xx

2. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

Sounds like a good time :p Was the concert for anything special or just a concert for entertainment?

3. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

Think The Parr Band's training band did that one, was it for cancer research?

4. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

OMG!!!:eek: :eek: Apparently the local authorities are providing counselling for anyone who witnessed this. A spokesperson said today that they were ...."relieved that no attempt was made to join in with the karaoke" although local glazing firms were said to be devastated at the potential loss of business.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :D :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Puss

5. bigmamabadger

I'll have you know I am a trained belly-dancer and no onlookers were harmed. And I have to very very drunk before I do karaoke...
    It was supposed to be a St. George's Day bash, but no-one was very interested.
    BMB
    xx

6. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Sounds like fun to me! :biggrin: Shame I missed it...:frown:

7. SteveT

SteveT Member

Not trying to outdo you here, but I once did a march down the side of a dual carriageway in Germany at 6am in the morning. We were followed on the other side of the wire fence by a small herd of cows who mooed away and skipped merrily along to our music! (I think cows like marches)!

It wasn't funny at the time, but it moved me to write a new work........ Rhapsody for Bovines!

8. bigmamabadger

We lost half our audience once when a cow fell in the river at an open air gig in Shrewsbury. They all went to watch the fire brigade try to get it out.
    Not sure if it was trying to get to us or away from us...
    BMB
    xx

9. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Going back some years now but our band once played a last night of the proms with Lady Brittania (I think) in costume, complete with the lyrics for Rule Brittania upside down on the inside of her shield. With the band being on stage and her being below, it was hard not to laugh when the wailing began!

10. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Back in the early '90's, I was playing with a pro outfit called "Channel 5", a six piece Dixieland/Mainstream ensemble. We had a residency at a place called "The Carousel". I had a small 'home recording' studio at the time, and I decided to take some equipment to a gig and record it. Well, that night, for some reason, the audience had better things to do, and we performed to six people, including our guset vocalist! We played well though, so I edited the recording with background SFX, including an incredibly large audience who even applauded and shouted appreciation, and even some friendly heckling following the solos. I still listen to it sometimes, suspend my disbelief, and remember when I was famous! :clap: :biggrin:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Operatic Society
    BMBxx
    belly-dancers
    belly dancers
    karaoke night
  12. bigmamabadger

:eek: Clever trick if you can do it...
    BMB
    xx

13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Quite common in the police. I've known quite a few Senior Officers who talked out of their ..........well you know the rest. ;)

14. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

guset vocalist.................woops. Thank you for pointing out my 'slip of the finger' BMB - I was going to edit it, but I can't stop laughing :p

15. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

:pig (get the idea??)

Yeah, apparently so do the audience!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Puss

16. bigmamabadger

Sorry to point it up but it made me laugh so much I just had to. Nice going, Tim.:clap:
    BMB
    xx

17. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Common also amongst management and, especially, politicians. Mind you, must take a lot of practice to get the lip-synching right :)

18. bigmamabadger

Just done another weird gig at a Masonic Lodge where the main source of entertainment was people betting on which grid square a pigeon was doing to poo.
    Lots of rousing patriotic songs too...:rolleyes:
    I think we're beginning to corner the market in surreal band jobs.
    BMB
    xx