The World's Worst Drivers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by rightnowmusic, Oct 29, 2004.

Who are the World's Worst Drivers ?

1. UK

0 vote(s)
  2. USA

5 vote(s)
  3. Europe

7 vote(s)
  4. Asia

0 vote(s)
  5. Australia / New Zealand

1 vote(s)
  6. Others.... please mention

3 vote(s)
  1. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

OK, now I've had my rant about US Drivers, who do you think are the world's worst ?
  2. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

3. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

Glad you said that and not me ! ;) :D
  4. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

The French - specifically one frenchman who I work with, who believes it is legitimate to park anywhere as long as you have your hazards on and that giving way on roundabouts is "optional".
  5. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Hamsters ;-)
  6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

The Italians. No self respecting pedestrian would try to cross an Italian road. Only tourists who don't know better even think of using a pedestrian crossing. They are just a convenient place to be run over.
  7. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Sat in a taxi in Hong Kong a few years ago. I have never been so scared in my life. When I went out in the evenings, I had to wear brown trousers!
  8. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

They are the nicest people in the world until they get behind a wheel of a car and they become psycho's. They won't let you in, won't let you out and the less said about roundabouts the better ;)

It's Ramadam now so things can only get worse!
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  9. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Sorry to offend my friends and neighbours but Kiwis are the worst drivers in the world and I've travelled quite a bit. I have never seen so many battered cars and saw the most shocking car crash after being here for only a couple of days.

And guess what? Car insurance isn't compulsory!

At almost every roundabout or junction you see debris from the frequent crashes there.

They run courses near my home in 'defensive driving' I'm gonna need it!
  10. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

I spent quite a bit of time in the Far East as a Band Leader on a Cruise Ship, and I'd say that it was crazy driving around Phutket in Thailand... It seemed that "Size really did matter" ! The bigger your vehicle was, the more priority you had on the road.

And as for those "Tut tut" drivers..... they're a law unto themselves !
  11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Don't know anything about golf so no comment ;)
  12. Di

Di Active Member

I voted "Others".

Not voting on a country here but would like to pass comment on

This has GOT to be a breed worse that caravanners! :rolleyes: Only get the car out on a Sunday if its a nice sunny day, no rain, can't get the pretty car wet! :roll: Drive so sloooooooooooow there's no chance of killing a fly on the windscreen and getting it dirty. :x