The Worlds best looking Brass Instruments!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by _si, Mar 2, 2010.

1. _si

_si Member

Thought it would be fun to start this thread where we can post pics of Instruments we LOVE the look of, playability takes a back seat, looks is where its at!

[​IMG]

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Worlds
    pics of Instruments
    playability
    Brass Instruments
    thread
  3. _si

_si Member

4. _si

_si Member

5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

[​IMG]

:biggrin:

6. _si

_si Member

that is the most hideous creation i have ever seen! :)

7. TrumpetNick

TrumpetNick Member

Nah...This is better, but still Taylors:

[​IMG]

Now let's go south....

Anton Possegger (Austria)
    http://www.musik-possegger.at/images/z1.jpg

Lutke (Germany)

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/779183/80655125.jpg

I can't help it, but mention Monette Elysian Trumpet:

http://www.monette.net/newsite/images/newsImages/2007Aug27/ElysianTrumpetHeroShotLarge.jpg

Though some may argue whether is beautiful or not...however you sure won't remain unnoticed by appearing with such a horn.

8. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

deary me... vulgar much!?!?!

9. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I want one!

Some nice ones here too

10. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Member

11. 007ish

007ish Member

[​IMG]

[SIZE=+3]Hirsbrunner Stealth Model Euphonium[/SIZE]

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Worlds
    pics of Instruments
    playability
    Brass Instruments
    thread
  13. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I am very confused, perhaps someone can unconfuse me.

I am a photographer, a webmaster and my band's librarian. I also appear to be a numptie.

I hold the copyright to my photographs and issue licences as appropriate. The content of the website I run is copyrighted and I have issued licences for certain content to be used. The music I buy for my band is also copyrighted.

Whenever anyone on tMP has asked to be provided with a copy of a piece of music, there are instant alerts flashed up about breaching copyright.

But, and this is what confuses me, each and every one of the photographs displayed on this thread have been lifted from other websites, the content of which is, presumably copyrighted. But there have been no BREACH OF COPYRIGHT alarms sounding. Where's the difference between copying these photographs and copying music? I'm sure the answers simple, so simple that I can't see it :confused:

14. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

They're all links to image files on other sites - it's just that tMP will display the linked image rather than the link if requested. If you look at the page source for this thread, you can see the image locations listed clearly. So the pictures have not been copied - it's just that your browser is told to display a little bit of another site in the middle of tMP.

This does seem a little grey, and there probably have been or will be court cases in various countries to clear it up.

Anyway...

I want one of these (the trombone, not the man!):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  15. TrumpetNick

TrumpetNick Member

Copyright laws have been put in place to prevent damage caused by missed profits/sales. Technology brought some confision/grey areas. However, I don't think that TMP can hurt the sale rates of any of these instrument makers who detain the mentioned licenses - even more, some people may decide to check their instruments because they saw them here. I hope that this make sense.

16. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Does this not increase the bandwidth use of the site that hosts the images, sometimes referred to as 'bandwidth theft'?

17. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Pass. It depends whether tMP keeps a downloaded copy of the file or not.

It's an interesting point, but not one that should distract this thread. Perhaps create a new thread for it if a mod doesn't come by to answer it shortly in a definitive way?

18. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

If nobody was allowed to link to other peoples sites the internet would be useless and die a death. Hyperlinks are the internets life blood.

The little bit of badwidth theft as you put it, is far out weighed by the benefits their site will get by being linked to from other sites. When the webots and spiders see this their site will go up in the search engine rankings.

If they don't want people to see their picture it should not be in the public domain. They can make their site a private, password protected site or remove the picture.

anyway never mind the razzamataz its the size that matters

[​IMG]

19. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Possibly, although I can't imagine we're talking about significant numbers. Probably more important from the original site's point of view (as far as I'm aware) links such as these can help a site's Google ranking, and they certainly increase awareness of the brands and may drive more traffic to their site; I can't imagine anyone complaining that they have suffered any financial loss as a result of links to images on their site and they are more likely to gain either a sale, or at least some commercial advantage in terms of publicity/marketing.

When a piece of music or a recorded performance is copied without permission, the originating artists DO lose out financially.

The biggest problem with linking to external images on other sites is that you have no control over the size of that image, as proven by the humungous width of this thread :rolleyes:

20. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Loads of pretty trumpets, cornets and flugelhorns.....

Don't suppose anyone makes pretty Tubas do they?

PS: Bighorn - Is that the BBBb bass that used to hang outside boosey's factory?

21. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Definition of an Oxymoron:
    :biggrin:

22. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Now now, Mr Baker ;)

Tubas can be pretty.

OK, not pretty to listen to when muppets like me are playing them.... but pretty to look at....