...the truth about mum's driving....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Naomi McFadyen, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Whilst reading up on pregnancy and stuff, I came across some baby stories.... this was one of them, had to share it as it's a pretty good one :) :lol: oooh dear..... :lol:

'My wife has always gone on about my driving - I drive too fast, I'm aggressive to other drivers - and I've always taken these criticisms on the chin. Certainly, whenever my wife drove while I was in the car she was a model of highway courtesy and calm. It was my wife who always drove our daughter to nursery school until one day when she couldn't make the trip and I did. The car was in a heavy traffic and I had to break sharply, at which point my daughter swore. We're not talking about 'Oh poo daddy' but the type of word that would shock a football hooligan and not a word in my own car driving vocabulary. My daughter went on to reveal that it was used by mummy to describe 'naughty cars'. I took great pleasure in revealing to my wife how much of her driving 'technique' had been picked up by our daughter.'

hehehehehe....

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    driving
    mum
    one
    model
    car
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Have to agree!

My kids are always telling me to 'calm down'. Potential Road Rage culprit.

4. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

hehe sounds just like my mum! No it doesnt really but she is very scary when she drives...

5. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

The best one from my mum is used frequently on the way to band 'they're in my lane!' when a car overtakes another in the other direction and is then in 'her' lane! :p oh dear!! Me and Alex take the mick with that now though :p My mummy doesn't swear though!

Dad is even funnier, if another car is bad he tries to beep his horn, only our horn you have to press either on the left or the right, not the middle! which where dad always presses it! He does swear... occasionally!

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I try not to, and certainly won't once "flump" is here :p.......
    I just call everyone who annoys me 'n00bs'... ;-)

7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

LittleBabyBadger called another car the bad word for "lady dog" the other day. I was horrified. Can't think where she got that from...:rolleyes:
    BMB
    xx

8. persins

persins Member

My Mother's driving is "perfect" apparently.
    According to her at least!

9. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

my mums driving is great! it gets me places i otherwise wouldnt be able to get to. thank you mum! (im fairly certain she'll read this)

10. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

My mum started to learn to drive about 15 years ago, because she thought she ought to as my parents live out in the country with virtually no public transport. My dad bought her a 2nd hand Ford Fiesta, and she had about 60 lessons from a school of motoring. After lesson 60, she then gave up. Said Ford Fiesta was owned by us for over a year, and was filled up with petrol once in that time. Nuff said :biggrin:

Doesn't seem to stop her telling the other drivers in the family how to drive though when she is a passenger in the car.... :(

11. I see my daughter does know which side her bread is buttered, after a round trip of 70 miles to help a band. She must be in her usual half asleep mode if she thinks my driving is good, or perhaps she is comparing my driving and language with her dads!
    Just look at her location, says it all really!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    driving
    mum
    one
    model
    car
  13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Coming home from town this afternoon and a car overtook us. I didn't say a word but Amy shouted "You stupid git", completely unprompted. That's my girl! Only 4 and already she doesn't like being overtaken.
    BMB
    xx

14. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

LOL!!! She sounds like a fab kid BMB! :tongue: