The Troubadours - Trombone Duet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by SharonD, Feb 8, 2011.

1. SharonD

SharonD New Member

Hi - I'm the secretary of Honiton Band, down in Devon. One of our trombone players has asked me to find an old George Hawkins trombone duet called 'The Troubadours'. She remembers playing it many years ago. I've searched high and low with no luck. Does anyone know if it's still in print - or does anyone have a copy that they would like to part with? I could let her know. Any help gratefully received.:)
  2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Only thing I can see is a cornet duet of the same name by Alfred Ashpole and published by Wright and Round. Isn't possibly this adapted for trombones, is it?
  3. Yam681B

Yam681B New Member

Just Music have it available
  4. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I think the version Just Music has is the cornet duet.

According to the Brass Band Archive on-line data they have a copy of the George Hawkins trombone duet composition, which was published by R Smith & Co. Ltd.

Either the BBA or R Smith & Co. might be able to assist in sourcing a copy.
  5. SharonD

SharonD New Member

Hi - thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Have just returned from a weekend away, so will have a look into all the suggestions made and see what I can find. If I'm lucky I'll let you know. :tup
  6. SharonD

SharonD New Member

Hello again. Just to let everyone who took an interest in this know that I have managed to track down a copy, thanks to someone who read the post and got in touch direct. Once again, thanks to everyone for their interest.