The tMP'ers Almanac

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brassneck, Dec 27, 2005.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

So 2006 is close by and I'm wondering what will happen next year ... it's time to dust your crystal ball and predict what events are likely to occur! I sense that noise pollution will continue to be an issue with an increased number of abatement orders being handed out for players and bands alike!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    number
    abatement orders
    B
    tMP'ers Almanac
    noise pollution
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

The Third Section Regional Contest will be Entertaining.

Coat!

4. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

There will be a number of posts complaining about a contest result.

There will be a few posts claiming that adjudicators don't know anything about music.

There will be a number of posts complaining that the various section test pieces are too hard/too easy.

There will be at least a couple of posts about how Black Dyke hasn't been the same since Roger left.

Those posts will be followed by a number of posts about how they have never sounded so good.

Time to put the crystal ball away, some of these seem a little too close for comfort.

5. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

Somebody will complain that the percussion took too long to set up at the Championship Section Area contest...

6. Voldemort

Voldemort Member

There will be a number of unnecessarily critical posts by a so-called professional trumpeter, who's never happy unless he's complaining or running people down, EDIT: Insult removed!!!!
    Give it a rest!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2005
  7. HBB

HBB Active Member

Lmfao!!!

8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Quite possibly the earliest ever candidate for the most sarcastic comment award....

OK a point of order....no personal insults here on tMP - OK?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  9. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Oddly enough - I wasn't trying to be clever, I wasn't complaining about anything, I wasn't running anybody down - I was just making a guess as to what might happen on tMP during 2006.
    I thought that was the idea of the thread, as opposed to just insulting someone. My apologies if this was not the case.

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- Mike, I was wanting the tMP community to predict what events might happen in the (brass) banding World during 2006. Are more public funds suddenly going to appear to support bands, are certain bands ready to challenge the elite, are the Nationals going to see a new sponsor etc. etc. :icon_cool:

11. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Handbags will be coming back into fashion on tMP :icon_cheesygrin:

Seriously though...

I think it's going to be an intersting year especially with the problems at Booseys. I would predict that by the end of 2006 the Nationals could well have a different name/sponsor?

EDIT : Oh and WhatSharp? finally reads the previous post before posting .. DOH! :D

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    number
    abatement orders
    B
    tMP'ers Almanac
    noise pollution
  13. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

With the departure of Roger Webster I expect to see even the great Black Dyke lose their way a bit in 2006. With the stability they have enjoyed for a while now I would then expect BAYV to be the star band of 2006. BAYV, Grimey, and Black Dyke to be the bands challenging for the major honours next year.

With the problems at Besson it is certainly going to be an interesting, and probably tough year for brass bands.

14. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

What were gonna do about our conductor problem :|

15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:icon_rolleyes: ... problem? Is he ill? Left the band?

16. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

He left the band... Weve got one but hes also a player so that means were a player down which isnt great. But never mind the comittee can sort it all out.

17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I'm sure your band will find someone soon. There are quite a few people who fancy conducting as an addition or alternative to playing!