the tMP Predictions Competition for the 2005 Regionals

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 20, 2005.

1. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

doh! I deleted my midlands championship section and forgot to put it back on :( I would have been 5 points higher by getting desford right. c'est la vie eh? oh well, time to leave for band now.

2. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Gobsmacked! 1st place (albeit temporarily). Nearly makes up for Sundays result!

Sam

3. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Don't know how you can be winning this Sam - your prediction of our result at Darlington was less than entirely accurate!

D

4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I may have had one of the worst single rounds last weekend with only 9 points :eek:

5. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

how the hell have i got 30 points ha ha ha ha

6. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I'm saying nothing (that will get me into trouble with the authorities)

7. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Any news when the Competition will be updated? I had a pretty impressive surge before last weekends fixtures.

Need to see if I need to take extra special care over my predictions for the L & SC region!

Igg

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Our resident coder extraordinaire Mr Keppler is currently with his band in New York for the parades and St Patricks day celebrations. He will be back (and made sad again) this coming Saturday. I am sure he will update the predictions as soon as he gets a chance so we can see who will be at the top of the leaderboard...

9. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Hello all!
    Yes, back in the country, and wishing I had another week off to recover from the last one. American marching wind bands are *huge* I'd swear that each of them had more in the front rank than we did in our entire band. Made for some interesting spacing going down 5th Avenue.

Anyway, to the important business...
    Scores have been compiled and a complete leaderboard with detailed breakdown can be viewed from the "tmp Contest Contest 2005" link at the top of the page.

So without further ado, this year's premier predictor, and the recipient of a set of tMP's signature march "The Mouthpiece" by Darrol Barry is....

Salli
    :clap::clap::clap:

Congratulations to our runners-up too, who came very close.
    Second place was taken by Accidental, while third place was claimed jointly by mcboyd and Statto

Congratulations all.

Kepps
    on behalf of tMP team

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  10. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

if all the results are in why have i not got any points for Wantage (L&SC 1st Section) they were 3rd were'nt they?

and while I'm looking why did ploughboy get 5 points for Waterbeach in 4th section when they came 4th?

11. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Apologies - results for L&SC still to be included...

it's not a predictions contest without a bit of scandal...

Edit: Think I have it right this time... I'm pleading jet-lag....

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  12. Heather

Heather Member

....9th out of 402 !!!!

..I'm quite impressed with myself!

13. postie

postie Member

I am also quite pleased with myself to come 12th out of the 402 entries feels quite a acheivement. Can I thank Keppler for all his hard work I am sure everyone agrees he has done a great job.

14. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Ditto.

I'm chuffed with my 110 points, as I only got two last year!

Will

15. dyl

dyl Active Member

Whehey! 7th!

Super work as usual Kepps. Cheers.

16. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

number 114 96 points! whooo!!!! Am well pleased i made them all up!! :biggrin:
    Thanks Keppler :tup :clap:

17. Salli

Salli Member

:woo I can't believe I've won this competition! :woo
    (I didn't think for one minute that would happen)

but seriously . . .

:dunno :oops: I do not believe I wanted to do that! :oops: :dunno

so . . .

To stop me feeling quite so guilty, I would like to give the prize of 'The Mouthpiece' march to Accidental
    :clap: :biggrin: :clap: ​

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

16th - two Mods in the top 20 ;)

Do we know where the 4barsrest predictions came yet?