the tMP Predictions Competition for the 2005 Regionals

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 20, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[IMGLEFT][/IMGLEFT] Introducing:
    the tMP Predictions Competition for the 2005 Regionals

With the first of the 2005 regional contests now only a week or so away, just like last year, tMP is running a prediction contest.

Once again, our coder-extraordinaire, Neal (Keppler) has come up with the goods, so we're asking you brave souls to predict the top three bands in all sections across all areas.

Sound like too much work? Not to worry. You can enter predictions for as few or as many sections/areas as you like, scoring points for successful predictions. The insightful/lucky tMPer with the most points will be the winner.

So - how does it work?

Well, each section in each area will have 15 points. For every successful prediction, you will score 5 points. Furthermore, if you predict a band in the top 3, but out of position, you score 2 points.

e.g. for the Midlands 1st section, I predict:

1. Band A
    2. Band B
    3. Band C
    and the on the day the results are:
    1. Band B
    2. Band D
    3. Band C
    .....then I score 5 for Band C (being a correct prediction), nothing for Band D, and 2 for Band B, having placed them in the top 3, but out of position.

Obviously, the more sections you attempt, the greater your potential score, but predicting only a few sections well can be better than many sections poorly.

As we run up to the areas contests, we will be posting the more popular predictions, in an effort to see just who is likely to figure across the sections - thus giving us the 'Official tMPers Runners & Riders' for each region. As the contests pass, we will be posting a 'leader board' of scores to date.

The lucky winner this year will receive a brand new, hot-off-the-press copy of Darrol Barry's winning composition 'The Mouthpiece'. (Please note this prize will not be dispatched until after the tMP Concert at Hadleigh on April 9th)

So, to take part in the competition, simply click the 'tMP Areas Contest 2005' link at the top of the page.

Enjoy, and good luck to all.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2005
  2. asteria

asteria Member

Are BT not good enough to be included this year?! Or maybe it's only fair to give the other bands a head start ;)

(Should be in the list for Championship section for North-West area!)
  3. TheMusicMan

OOps... thanks Helen... we'll get Kepps onto this asap... cheers for pointing it out.:tup
  4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Not even an Area Prediction Competition would be complete without an Errata sheet nowadays! :rolleyes:

Apologies for this Helen. We will endeavor to correct this ASAP.

If we've missed anyone off else, please post below and we will amend.

5. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Apologies Helen. This is now amended.

Members who have already submitted predictions for the north west should note that BT Band have been added, and that they should amend their entry if desired by resubmitting for this region/section (NW/Champ)

6. asteria

asteria Member

Cheers! :D
  7. Keppler

I blame my sources ;) </passing buck>
  8. asteria

asteria Member

Erm, sorry to be the bearer of bugs, but i don't think it likes fodens either - out of the 35 votes in the north-west champs so far not one placing is for fodens! A bit strange, cos i know i voted for em..... ;)
  9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Whats the one where it just ses placed on the 'view live stats' bit :confused:
    An also ive guessed all of them cos i havnt heard of most of the bands :oops:
  10. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Hello chaps,

Sorry, but I don't think the database is working properly. When I added my selections for the NW champ section, the data didn't update, although when I made changes to my 1st section predictions it did update. I deleted and reselected in the champ section and it still didn't update. Could you perhaps check it please?

Also is there a reason why there is no L&SC list yet? Not that I'm complaining mind, 'cos I wouldn't know one L&SC band from another, but I would like to be able to vote for my friends ;)

Are any of the mods running side bets on Wingates, or what? :eek:

Could i also ask why I've now got a large dark blue but otherwise empty box at the top of each page?:confused:
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  11. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

I think you've missed off Shepherd Building Group (formerly known as Rowntrees) as well! :) North of England/Championship Section.
  12. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

We are looking into it at the moment and hopefully will have it sorted ASAP.

13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Where's L&SC, are we not important :cry: ?
  14. TheMusicMan

When thelist was compiled, we didn't have the attendees for L&SC or Welsh areas. We are working on this - please hang fire...:) We hope to have this sorted ASAP.
  15. keith hemming

keith hemming New Member

In midlands area has anyone heard if ibstock has be told if they are in 1st or 2nd section ? this would be of help in my predictions.
  16. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

Is my computer playing up or are fodens not included in the NW results?
  17. Di

Di Active Member

I've just read the line up on and they have Ibstock in the 2nd section. Confusing this as it was on the front page of the Bandsman stating that they'd won their appeal to stay up.
  18. Ste69

Ste69 Member

That's ok. We play in less than a week and 4BR haven't even got our section/region up on the site. :eek:

Does that mean we don't have to play:rolleyes:
  19. wally

wally Member

"So, to take part in the competition, simply click the 'tMP Areas Contest 2005' link at the top of the page."

i might be being incredibly thick ( it is monday morning!) but i cant find any such link on this page or any other. is there a problem with the competition page or just my brain??
  20. Keppler

see screeny

I will sort out the flagged issues today folks

Attached Files:

• ss.JPG
      File size:
      22.5 KB