The Three Stags Head Summer Sunday Concerts 2007

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by postie, May 12, 2007.

1. postie

postie Member

The Three Stags Head Darley Bridge near Darley Dale Derbyshire Summer Sunday concerts start tomorrow night. The concert season will run until the 9th of September concerts start at 7.30pm. Participating bands are:

13th May Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band
    20th May Ashbourne Band
    27th May Killamarsh Silver
    3rd June Blidworth
    10th June Shirebrook
    17th June Dronfield Band
    24th June Riddings
    1st July Bestwood Black Diamonds
    8th July Ashover Band
    15th July TBA
    22nd July Bakewell Silver
    29th July Shirland Training Band
    5th August The Matlock Band
    12th August Kirkby Colliery Welfare
    19th August Holymoorside
    26th August TBA
    2nd September Newstead Band
    9th September Grand Finale

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Three Stags Head
    Three Stags Head Darley Bridge
    Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band 20th May Ashbourne Band
    Dronfield Band
    Shirland Training Band
  3. postie

postie Member

Just an alteration to my earlier post:

22nd July Bakewell Silver.

5th August The Matlock Band.

Got them the wrong way round!!!

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Killamarsh will be at the Three Stags Head this weekend. If you've never been before it's a great Sunday evening. Most importantly the beers very good, entrance is free, BBQ food available, the band play outside on the pub lawn with a large marquee in the event of inclement weather.

There is also a raffle and auction for band funds and we've got some excellent prizes for this weekend.

Due to the fact that it's a bank holiday weekend we were a little down on cornets but thanks to some assistance from Old Silkstone, Sellers and Whitwell we will be turning out with our usual batalion of players.

Come along and listen - you will have a great night out.

5. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Cracking event looking forward to it.

6. gawber

gawber Active Member

It sounds great and I would love to go and meet up with Francis again but unfortunately I have to work :cry:

7. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Sorry you couldn't get but the weather was so wet and cold we ended up playing inside the pub. Certainly put the potential audience off, although we still managed to raise a good amount for band funds. Nice to hear that we had some experienced adjudicators in the audience from Matlock Band there - looking forward to coming along to hear you later in the season.

8. postie

postie Member

I can imagine it being wet on Sunday up their hoping it's better when Bestwood play at Three Stags in July!!!!

9. youngman

youngman Member

Cheers!

Thank you Francis ! We look forward to your support at this popular event.
    Well done to the band playing in such cramped conditions and a big thank you our friend and your M.D. Adrian Wood for his entertaining program.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

In my new capacity as a professional "hired drum" I found myself at the disposal of KSB at the Three Staggs last sunday. I was forced to perform with a skeleton kit due to the lack of space, an indignity I was happy to endure, given my postion in the pub, namely crushed up in a corner with my left elbow resting on the bar!

Never has the marking "tacit for percussion" been more welcome on a gig.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

p.s. does anyone know how the original version of "The Post Horn Gallop" goes? unfortunatly KSB only have the challenging Charles Ives arrangement, this was perfomed with a relaxed contemptuous nonchalence which completely stunned the happless solist.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Three Stags Head
    Three Stags Head Darley Bridge
    Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band 20th May Ashbourne Band
    Dronfield Band
    Shirland Training Band
  13. youngman

youngman Member

Have you swallowed a dictionary Shaggy ?????

14. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I think he meant to say "slow"

15. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Mmmm....not really, I was thinking of a particular piece by Charles Ives featuring two bands playing two different pieces at the same time but at different tempos.

Dear oh dear!...dont know why i bother sometimes.

16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

No. If he had he'd be able to spell "soloist"....:rolleyes: ;)

17. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Makes you wonder how I can ever show my face in public again really. I also have trouble spelling :- pit nicking notty spaced furd.

18. postie

postie Member

Bestwood Black Diamonds are playing at the three stags this Sunday coming anyone in the area you will be guaranteed a good night. Hopefully the weather will shine on us!!!

19. IJK

IJK Member

Ireland Colliery are are at the three stags this Sunday. Hopefully the weather will be 100% better than when we played in May.

20. postie

postie Member

We were lucky when we played at the Stags a couple of weeks ago, But looking at the weather again today you have to wonder where the Summer's gone!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Whitwell Brass Band will be providing the entertainment on Sunday 26th August.

22. Colin D

Colin D Member

Newstead Brass will be playing the penultimate summer concert at the 3 Staggs, Darley Bridge on Sunday 2nd September at 7:30pm. Good weather forecast (so far!).