The Rising Sun

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by RJMorris, Feb 5, 2006.

1. RJMorris

RJMorris Member

Can anyone supply me a lead as to the publisher of Alan Vizzutti's "The Rising Sun" arranged by Kevin Norbury. Or if any of you have it in your library, from where did you purchase? Thanks in advance.

2. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

The Norbury arrangement is the brass band one, right?

If so, it is not published at the moment. I believe it was done for Jens Lindemann (to both record and play with Brass Band Battle Creek), that is where Surrey Brass are getting hold of it from (for a concert later in the year).

It is being obtained by our soloist (Rex Richardson), whether it is available for purchase I don't know, but I will enquire for you.

(feel free to PM/email me for more details)
  3. TonyTuba

TonyTuba New Member

Jens Loindemann is the only person I know of that has it. He played it here, but he sent me the parts. Rex and Jens play in Battle Creek together, so it would be easy for Rex to get it from Jens. Maybe their is publishier info on Jens Lindemanns CD???? Sorry to not be much help/. Rising Sun is a cool tune.
  4. RJMorris

RJMorris Member

Thanks for the information. I would be interested to hear what Rex says about availability. Tony, are you guys coming to Louisville this year?