The rise of the freelance professional

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by PeterBale, Nov 10, 2014.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

This thread has been removed following its deterioration into a slanging match. What could have been a worthwhile discussion in general terms has become a witch-hunt which is not what tMP was ever intended to be. I apologise to members for not having spotted these developments until now.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    trouble.B
    RedOctober
    PeterBale
    Inapropriate
  3. kennywenny

kennywenny Member

:clap:

4. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Thank you, Peter

5. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

I'm not hobgoblin, but actually his fiancee and he's letting me use his account. I didn't see the old thread, but having heard what has gone on I would like to add my own moral outrage to any current, previous, or indeed future witch hunt.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  6. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

No apology needed and thank you for your moderation. I hope that a worthwhile discussion on the rise of the freelance professional will follow.

7. RedOctober

RedOctober New Member

I don't understand why you deleted the thread Peter, could we have a statement explaining your actions from your fiancé please?

8. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Can we also delete the threads about which tenor horn and which valve oil too please as they are just blatantly advertising.

:confused:

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

As anyone is free to contribute to the discussion, I don't see any need to interfere - any other manufacturers are quite welcome to chip in regarding their products.

10. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

way to go Peter I had wondered when I read original thread. Glad it's gone.

11. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

I agree the retired thread did become in poor taste, but surely there has to be some middle ground between that and the BOC-ishness of this one?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    trouble.B
    RedOctober
    PeterBale
    Inapropriate
  13. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

James does get people commenting and that puts a bit more life into the forum, let's hope that Red comes back soon and keeps a bit more towards the middle ground. To be fair to the moderators they did hold back for quite some time before acting when things got, as you said, 'in poor taste'.

14. BoBoHowell

BoBoHowell New Member

Sadly I think we've seen the last of James. Take a look at his profile, the mods have banned him from the site. RO did go way too far with his last post which was silly. But if you actually consider it, all he did was say that a leading exponent of the cornet had behaved in a very unprofessional manner.... He shouldn't have named them and that must have been the problem the moderators faced. I think a ban was a touch extreme though, surely all they needed to do was delete the thread and warn him? James brought some life back to the site and old users like myself who have been away for a long time wee starting to read the forum again. Ah well, back to favourite oils, players and word games I guess. Thanks mods!

15. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

All you have to do is set up another account with another name Blue December and the fun begins again

16. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Surely not that easy? I'm in no hurry to see RO back in any guise.some of his comments we clearly gingerist to say the least.no one should be able to pick on a scotch person on the basis of hair colour

17. BoBoHowell

BoBoHowell New Member

I would imagine the mods will be fully expecting a return of RO and will have his IP address logged, so I fail to see how he can return. I have to disagree with you, I think the issue had nothing to do with being gingerist or even picking on average cornet players. The issue was revealing the name which has damaged the integrity and reputation of said ginger cornet player. Regardless though I still think the exiling of RO was a very bad call from the mods, something had to be done, but from what I read he touched on important topics and gave us something different to read from the tedious word games etc.

18. Ianroberts

Set up a new account while using a different computer ! Banning him / her just stinks of cliques to me. If not, at best it is about silencing someone "just in case WE get in trouble over it!

We all have different ideas of where a line is to be drawn, sadly too many on here have drawn that line internally accross both cheeks of their own back side !

19. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Boo hoo

20. BoBoHowell

BoBoHowell New Member

Bbmad, you are the only one who has reacted positively about the banning of RedOctober. So far more people seem genuinely against the banning and disappointed with the mod Peter Bale for banning him. (I'm assuming it was Peter as this thread was started by him and he generally seemed to be moderating RO's posts).
    So, who is Peter Bale and is he ginger? Did he take offence to the quite clearly gingerist comments as pointed out by hobgoblin?

I also have to agree with Ian. It does seem quite a 'clique' type manoeuvre. Whilst RO shouldn't have named and shamed (leads to defarmation and slander etc), what about justice for Loxley Silver Band? I'm putting this strongly, but it seems maybe the moderation is about keeping the celebrity players happy whilst neglecting the rest of banding...

21. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

boooooooooooring

22. Ianroberts

Yes you are, but keep with it and who knows, you may even become normal !

You my freind are a fine example of a member of this forum that has managed to turn himself inside out due to being so far up your own arris !