The Regency Noble Footwear Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Keith Stanley James Lever, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Could some kind tmp correspondent give me some insight as to who 'THE REGENCY NOBLE FOOTWEAR BAND' are.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    correspondent
    Regency Noble Footwear Band
    insight
    kind tmp correspondent
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

4. jaycee

jaycee New Member

Regency Noble Footwear Band

OK, eight years late but I've come across this thread while trying to find out the same information. The only reference to the "Regency Noble Footwear Band" I can find is on a 3 CD set "Essential Brass Bands". Listening to them they're not a brass band at all, but a military/wind band. The tracks credited to them (2-16 on disc 2) I've so far found on three other downloadable albums:
    "The Definitive Collection of Marching Band Favourites volume 2" where they're credited to "British Military Bands"; "Britain - 27 Military Band Favourites" played by "London Military Band"; and "British Military Bands" by "The Marching Band".

I'm no closer to finding the original artist for these tracks and I don't know why they've not been given their correct credit. Discs 1 and 3 are taken from albums by Sellers, Rolls Royce Coventry and South Notts Hussars and are credited as such. It could well be that the original group were put together for the session, but the standard of playing doesn't suggest professionals.

That's my two penn'th. Anyone know more?