The Premier league....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MissBraz, Mar 3, 2016.

1. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Fancied a debate about the league.... As happy and chuffed as I am for Leicester to still be top of the league, it is quite worrying for the state of English football.

How much is spent on bringing in players with ridiculous wages and transfers fees by the so called "top four" not enough young talent coming through.

It has certainly been one crazy season and it's not over yet!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    through.It
    English
    Premier league
    Leicester
    players
  3. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

not enough young talent coming through?

LVG has given 14 youth team players their full debuts since he arrived at United, admittedly some of this has been forced through injury but once given the opportunity it is down to the young players to show what they can do.

4. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Yes hes given 14 their debuts but the Utd youth academy won't be producing that many for much longer, due to focus being else where. All youth teams at Utd are struggling alot - and the future of English football isn't purely down to the Mancs...

Leveridge96 likes this.
  5. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

One of the best seasons ever, for a neutral.
    I love watching Leicester play, their self-belief is incredible.
    As a Birmingham 'blue nose', it saddens me to see Villa struggling, apparently they are the "pride of the Midlands" dontcha know!!
    See you next season, unless Blues gain promotion! ;-)

6. Leveridge96

Leveridge96 Member

Loving the season and will be pleased too if lecister do win the league. What an achivement that will be. Just as shame that it looks like my team norwich are facing relegation :(

7. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

I agree with you.
    Ex-Brum stars Camaron Jerome and Nathan Redmond have lost their mojo this season.
    Norwich are a decent outfit and deserve better things.
    The way things look at Newcastle and Sunderland, you may survive.
    Villa are still on their 2015 summer vacation! ;-)

Leveridge96 likes this.
  8. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Maybe the top clubs need to be humbled to show that money isn't the be all and end all.

marksmith likes this.
  9. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

The teams promoted last season prove that point. Also, Crystal Palace do ok without spending extortionate amounts. A strange season though this year. Long may it go on.

10. Tim skelper

Tim skelper New Member

Think you'll find uniteds u21's are top of the league :)

11. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Birmingham Ladies are a team to fear! ;-)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    through.It
    English
    Premier league
    Leicester
    players
  13. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Apoligies - shouldn't listen to hearsay that says otherwise then, but hey who wants to play for Utd anymore any way!

14. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

I've been away for a week - did I see your Norwich draw with City?? It may not be all doom and gloom :)

15. Leveridge96

Leveridge96 Member

Yes! I was there near the snake pit and Barcley end chanting! Shame that Patrick bamford hit the cross bar-would have been a cracking goal! Only thing is we have a nasty run in towards the end of the season and after dropping points against teams we shouldn't have dropped against its making it rather worrying! :p