The perfect present for your brass playing friends!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by winterman, Nov 7, 2006.

1. winterman

winterman Member

For only $1399.95 (£738.22) each you and your brass playing buddies can enjoy the handsfree life!

Yes the right, shipping this month comes the electronic music stand.. Never carry sheet music around again!!

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/73577.asp

Now where can I lay my hands on £22146.60 to kit our entire band out with these babies?! make us band librarians jobs soo much easier! Not sure about the copyright issues though?

2. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Wow, that's brilliant. It would certainly make those troublesome page turns easier. Not sure I would want to be the person that scans in the entire pibrary though!

3. Bungle

Bungle Member

A lot of modern photocopiers have scanning capability, I know the ones at our work do. Just put it in the feeder tray, would take about 2 mins and they can covert into PDFs, so it's not impractical.

Eletronics music stands would be good until it rains/sun comes out/wind blows. Even stage lights shining on them might make them difficult to read. People would still forget to bring them ;)

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

You can see the prog rock group Dream Theatre's very own keyboard player Jordan Rudess playing a superb synth solo using one of these devices. Youtube Jordan Rudess Video Here

Keyboard lovers should really watch all of this - a master at work. He is playing this on a Korg TRITON Extreme synth.

5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Be careful, you'll be wanting one of those next with it's pretty little valve ;)

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

You could sell your instruments...;)

7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Is it legal to transfer your parts to pdf or jpeg for use in this product?

8. KMJ Recordings

:biggrin:

Come on, Will, you know the answer's no ;)

(without the Copyright owner's permission that is)

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Naaah Keith, pretty valve or not, the KARMA is fine enough for me, and uses the same synth engine too. Besides... you already know what's just around the corner for me in a week or two eh... the beast of synths... :)

[​IMG]

10. KMJ Recordings

Come on, you know the Extreme's valve will warm your sounds up ;)

Or make a funny glow that looks good anyway :D

Drifting vaguely back on topic, when I saw David Bowie at the MEN Arena a couple of years ago, his keyboard player looked as if he was reading the notes of an LCD monitor...

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    month
    brass
    electronic music stand
    entire band
    band librarians jobs soo
  12. maestroman123

maestroman123 New Member

Thats quite cool, wonder how accurate it actually is though

13. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Hmmm it seems like a good idea but what happens when (if like most electrical things) it breaks at the most inappropriate time...like in the middle of a solo or on the contest stage?!?! There's no way I'd trust it!

14. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Would you be able to use it outside? How long does the battery last? :tongue: like Hannah said... the battery would probably go right in the middle of that amazing solo!

Would be allowed to use them on the contest stage? :tongue:

15. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Just POTBOing in a questioning kind of way...

16. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I must say.. I do think thats a bit funky! :biggrin:

Muuuum.. you know you asked what I wanted for xmas? :biggrin:

17. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member