The New Dr. Who!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Roger Thorne, Mar 26, 2005.

The New Doctor Who Series - A Hit or a Miss

1. Hit!

80 vote(s)
  2. Miss!

5 vote(s)
  3. Too early to decide yet

14 vote(s)
  1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

After a break of many years the BBC have just screened the first new episode of Doctor Who!

As a kid I remember looking forward to early Saturday evenings and watching the likes of William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton playing the Dr.
    My kids (like me many years ago) have been sat in front of the TV engrossed in watching the first new episode. The production has certainly been much more 'up market' than what I remember as computer graphics now play a large part.
    I think the BBC have done a great job and I - yes I watched it too - have thoroughly enjoyed the first new episode.

So, is it a hit or a miss?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
    HorniKaz likes this.
  2. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Its ace! no daleks though :(
    the doctor has huge ears!!!! Hes a bit slow aswell.
    The ending bit was well funny.
  3. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Definately a HIT!!

Christopher Eccleston is absolutely fantastic!!

"Every planet has a north!" Pure class!!
  4. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

The writing was just as you would expect from Russell T Davies, and I personally can't wait for the episodes that Mark Gattiss (The League of Gentlemen) has written. All in all a good 45 minutes that otherwise would have been spent watching Ant & Dec regurgitate the usual childish and sometimes amusing, drivel.

Especially liked the quote "Why do you have a northern accent?"
    "Every planet has a north!"

HorniKaz likes this.
  5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

that made me laugh :lol:
    Oh and I like the guns in their hands it looks like their gonna shake hands with you!

IYOUNG Member

Don't you just love it!!!! Just come out from behind the sofa - had to recreate my child hood

Definitely a hit

HorniKaz likes this.
  7. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

oh my god!! how amazingly brilliant is christopher ecclestone as the doctor!?!?!?!
    i dunno wot it is about him but he is perfect!!!

altho scary moving plastic people did scare me a little...
  8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

absolutely brilliant!!! :clap::clap:
    roll on episode 6 and the daleks!
  9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Are they gonna have daleks?
  10. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

They sure are, and they can fkly in this episode allegidly!:eek:
  11. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

I was worried that without the wobbly sets and the dodgy special effects it wouldn't be as good as I remembered it, but it was excellent!!!

Cant wait for the daleks!
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I can't believe anyone actually got scared of them! They couldn't climb stairs either! :p
  13. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

flying daleks scary...
    Do you know which doctor was in the one that was on yesterday? He had a scarf an gloves.
  14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

doctor who? :rolleyes:
  15. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

exterminate exterminate
    I wasnt that scared of the one that was on yesterday, the dummies in the one today were scary though.
  16. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

well duh I meant the actor
  17. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

With all the over the top hype, trailers, interviews etc., I was setting myself up for a big dissapointment. But it certainly lived up to its billing. :clap:
    It has all the cheesyness of the old doctor who :tup but without the wobbly sets and tinfoil robots.
    I will certainly watch it again.
    I was a bit dissapointed that the shop dummys' hands didnt drop down to reveal gun barrels like they had in the old series. (oops ..showing my age there :oops: )
  18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... check near the top of this thread. It's the guy with the big ears! :tongue:
  19. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Argh. You know what I mean.
  20. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

If that was an old sixties type film called "Doctor Who : Daleks Invasion Earth2150" then it was Peter Cushing. Im not sure if they had anything to do with the BBC series or whether it was a seperate entity, a bit like Sean Connery in "Never Say Never Again." which was a Bond film but not made by the usual Bond lot.

There was another Dalek based film too with Peter cushing in it but I cant remember the name of it. Anyone else remember it?