THE NATIONAL FESTIVAL OF MUSIC FOR YOUTH 2004

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Dawnys_flug, May 1, 2004.

1. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

My orchestra is through to London!!! :D

Just wondering if anyone else entered in any of the catagories and if anyone is going to London too!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FESTIVAL
    MUSIC FOR YOUTH 2004
    anyone
    :D
    any
  3. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

The Beaumaris Youth Band will be playing in this year's Music For Youth (i think on the 8th of July).

I once played in it with the Gwynedd and Mon Brass Band in 2000 (i think!) where we won the outstanding chievement award. We then went on to perform in the RAH, what an awesome experience!

4. Rochdale Youth got through... I know that much.

We won the outstanding performance award 2 consequtive years the last 2 years I was playing for Rochdale... went to the Albert Hall too. Was absolutely fantastic!! Last year our little baby band got through to the albert hall.... they looked so cute on that massive stage, swinging their legs cos their feet didnt touch the floor!! :lol: how cute! The youth band went and played the fanfare too! How high is it up on that balcony?!!?! :shock:

5. tim

tim Member

Egglsecliffe School Have 6 different groups down:

Our brass band :bounce:D
    Our Symphony Orchestra
    The Jazz Trio
    The Soul Band
    A chamber choir
    A folk group

6. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

I'm pretty sure my old band, Shropshire Youth, will be going down to London come July for the brass band event. I might go myself and play with them if I'm not too busy (and let's face it - right now, I'm not!)

7. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

Bluecoat School's Brass Band has got through this year. Well done to Leah for all her hard work! :lol:

8. :eek: WOW!!!!

woohoo... go Blue Coat, go Blue Coat... go, go, go Blue Coat!!! :D

awww, I'm dead chuffed (my old school :oops: )

WELLDONE LEAH!!! :lol:

9. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Tewit Youth Band (Harrogate) will be there!

10. i can tell you that northamptonshire county youth have got through

11. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

and my old school smithills

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FESTIVAL
    MUSIC FOR YOUTH 2004
    anyone
    :D
    any
  13. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I see my old school orchestra has got through again (Lancaster Grammar Schools' Orchestra -actually two schools (boys and girls) that's why they have to compete in the music centre section. I did it back in 1998!!!!

Good luck to anyone who's playing, the RFH is a great venue.

14. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

I'm not going this year! In Scotland on a school music tour - hence the school not even trying to enter - however Youth Brass 2000 didn't get in this year, apparently there are about twice as many entrants as there normally are!

15. None of the Wardle groups have got through either by the looks of it :shock: Thats gotta be a first!

16. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

yea well none of these bands are gonna win - theres a welsh band due to win, and a county band - jus like last year, and the year before, and the year before!

17. em_d

em_d Member

herefordshire youth concert band have got through! first ever competition we've entered (shame about our brass band not getting through though, oh well, always next year!)

well done everyone else who got through and good luck for festival hall!