The Mouthpiece - Paypal Donations

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Al, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Al

Al Member

Having nothing whatsoever to do with the running of tmp or even knowing anyone from the site, I thought it might be useful to discuss this.

I have enjoyed reading and occasionally posting to tmp for a few years now. I wonder how many hours of entertainment and information the site and its members have provided me, especially in the run up to the Areas!

I appreciate that a lot of time and effort goes into running the site and indeed, not inconsiderable expense.

I have been involved with forums that have disappeared for various reasons and it always came as a shock when they went and I only realised how much I missed them once they were gone. I am not suggesting that tmp could go the same way but I would like to do my bit to show appreciation and hopefully keep it all healthy.

Anyway, I will be pleased to donate.

(I hope the site don't mind what might seem a small amount, but it would be a lot to me!!)
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Al

Thank you so much for the kind words and appreciation. That does mean a lot to us, and I'm sure your donation will be very much appreciated by John. :)

Thank you.
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Al - what a lovely post and gesture, this is much appreciated and I'd like to say many thanks for the offer of this kind donation. tMP is funded entirely out of my own pocket and all donations received go directly towards funding monthly internet charges, the server administration rental and annual software license fees.

Any donation regardless of size is always greatly appreciated.

I really do appreciate your kind offer Al, and if there is anything I can do for you please do shout.

Once you have donated, don't forget to amend your profile to show that you are a tMP Supporter - which will then show a graphic in your posts indicating this (only if you wish this to be shown of course)

Thanks again, Al.

Much appreciated
  4. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

blonde question...... how?
  5. Di

Di Active Member

There be a step by step guide here. :)
  6. TheMusicMan

Once you have made any voluntary donation via the PayPal link at the top of the forum, I will receive an email informing me of this and I will then amend your profile so that you can turn this image on - the instructions that show how one can do this are in here...

Alternatively, if you subscribe via the tMP Paid Subscriptions here - - you will be able to select this image immediately because the software we use on tMP will automatically amend the usergroup and profile if Paid Subscriptions are chosen. If the PayPal Donate method is used, there's no automatic way, and so I need to manually amend the profile so that you can turn this tMP Supporter badge on.

How's that...? Please let me know if you need further help.
  7. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

8. TheMusicMan

You're welcome Alex, shout if you need further help.:tup
  9. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Is there a minimum donation level on this?
  10. TheMusicMan

Nope Andy, no minimum amount here - I wouldn't do that :)

One can donate as much or as little as one wishes.
  11. andywooler

I only wondered as I don't appear to be in the group
  12. TheMusicMan

Sorted Andy... :tup
  13. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

But Andy, I thought you were a West Ham supporter?
  14. Quaver

Quaver Member

Andy you're NOT included because of that shadow on your musical record. You know that bit with 3 Para Band - aaarggh spit spit bah - hate myself for just saying that name???????
  15. Beesa

Beesa Member

It must have been a looong time ago as there hasn't been a 3 Para Band for quite some years!
  16. Quaver

Quaver Member

It was a very long time ago which shows how old Andy is and that the embarrassment of actually playing with 3 Para never goes away!!!!

(by the way Andy Tongue pressed firmly into cheek)
  17. andywooler

Indeec - I left in 1979.
  18. andywooler

That sort of comment can onyl come from someone who wasn't in any of the Para Bands and deeply regrets it OR is specifically ex 2 or 1 Para! ;)
  19. Quaver

Quaver Member

God's band = 1
  20. andywooler

Also old then! When were you in?