The MouthPiece March - Free Practice Parts

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Roger Thorne, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Folks,

As you all know, Darrol Barry recently won our Composers Competition and his winning composition 'The MouthPiece' will be premiered at the forthcoming tMP Charity Concert at Hadleigh on Saturday, 9th April. The tMP Band will also be performing the music at the Whit Friday March Contests on Friday 20th May.

For those of you who are playing at either (or both) of these engagements here's a reminder of the winning composition.

There is also an opportunity below to print off a free practice copy of the Solo Cornet, Euphonium and Eb Bass Parts for those of you who would like to get your fingers/slides around the trickier bars before the concert/contest rehearsals or just as a 'taster' before the music becomes commercially available on 10th April.

Bb Solo Cornet

Euphonium

Bass Trombone

Eb Bass

;)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Thanks Roger.

I realise you can't make all the parts available...so I'm guessing those three the really tough parts and the rest aren't too bad?

3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Pat, look at the full score... then you'll see for yaself ;-)

4. DublinBass

Thanks, Naomi...I missed the link the first time.

5. Roger Thorne

But we can!!!!

As from Saturday 9th April ALL the parts (both A4 and A5) and a full score are commercially available - Price £18.00

:biggrin:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

Come on Rog! Get your story straight :p

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It will be almost the 10th, as it won't be available until after we've played it in the concert, and then only to those present in the hall (admission free, seating for 400!)

;) ;) ;)

8. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Might be a bit of a dumb question & I'm sure someone has already thought of it, but are we going to get them printed in march card format, or will we be needing to carry stands around the Whit Friday marches to put the music on?!?

9. Roger Thorne

Does anyone actually read these posts or what!!!! :wink:

10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

You didn't say which set you were going to use, though :redface:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    The MouthPiece
    tMP Charity Concert
    Darrol Barry
    Composers Competition
    Hadleigh
  12. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

D'oh. Not got my specs on & it's late! ;)

13. Steve

Steve Active Member

I think friday proved that next time all the parts should be downloadable in advance. just a thought

14. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

But if they were all downloadable who on earth is going to buy it and raise lots of money for tmp in the process?

But I understand where you're coming from we could have done with a part in advance to practice

15. DublinBass

Only three of the parts (3 of the more difficult ones might I add) are downloadable, so unless you're only going to play 3 of the 17 or so part, you'll still need to buy itt.

16. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

You missed the point BBCbari.
    Stephen thought ALL the parts should be downloadable in advance and I pointed out that if they were no one would buy it. Why would they if they could download them all free

17. DublinBass

Oh..right...good point!!

18. HBB

HBB Active Member

I think you're slightly missing the point?

maybe just the people going to the Whits with tMP could have their part so tehy could practice it is what I think he was getting at! :D

19. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

The trombone part's a bit of a bugger in places... could have just told the trombones to practice the bass solo from the euph part tho i suppose...

20. Steve

Steve Active Member

And being trombonist we would have listened wouldnt we Paul ;)

Rogers obsession with loud trombones didnt help, I have actually put my back out playing at that volume continuously. Cheers RT