The Mouthpiece.com Band-Hardraw Scar 2003???

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by CRat63, Aug 6, 2003.

1. CRat63

CRat63 Member

Hello there everyone,
    I have been approached today by the Yorkshire and Humberside committee as to whether we would be able to get together a scratch band together to play at the Hardraw Scar contest on September 7th. They were so impressed with our performance at Easingwold and wondered if we would be able to provide some 'after-contest' entertainment-probably lasting around 40 minutes. The contest is set next to the Hardraw Force-apparently the highest free fall waterfall in the country, and Hardraw itself is just the other side of Hawes in North Yorkshire. If it is at all possible, then we will need to get a move on asap, as I need to inform the association as soon as I can. If I could get some idea of numbers I would be very grateful, we would probably be playing around 3pm-but we would need a rehearsal before to have a run through the programme (if not a rehearsal at some point before the date itself!) Let me know your thoughts on the idea, if you are free and what instrument you could play, maybe the pieces we could perform etc....We would need to find a conductor too (feel free to volunteer messers Mute, MusicMan and Roger T!)
    There is a bar on site, and the contest is sponsored by the pub that you have to walk through to get to the bandstand (that can't be bad can it!). Come on folks, lots of postings please-you know you want to!

Thanks in anticipation

Craig

2. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Yes please - count me in! I'll bring my flugel!

I can't do any rehearsing the day before because I'm on a course but any other time would be great!

Rach x

3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I'm interested too.... Cornet (backrow :D)

4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

sounds good to me to, cant give a deffinate yet but ill let ya know wen i get back off me hols

5. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

As its the week before the Open and my 21st, I may be either rehearsing or drinking I'm afraid. I'll let you know though.

6. timbloke

timbloke Member

could do if you need a trombonist and i can get there.

7. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

If SS cant make it i will!!!!!
    Or i'll play cornet!!!

8. super_sop

its all yours i would prefer to be on Bb :wink:

9. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Can try and scab lift off Timbloke if your desperate for Euph (Is their an emoticon for barefaced cheek?) That's if he can get there. Or anybody else from Sheffield area. Will eventually grow up and learn to drive honest!

10. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

but you must learn not to drive to a contest!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    everyone
    committee
    Yorkshire
    Humberside
    Mouthpiece.com Band-Hardraw Scar
  12. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Don't think I would be trusted with this. Would get lost knowing my navigational skills!

13. daisygemma

daisygemma Member

I'll be around asa hanger on the Wetherby so you can count me in as a second horn.

14. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

alas, i fear i will be working. grrrrrrr

:cry: :cry: :cry:

15. blondie

blondie Member

Wouldn't mind playing Bass Trom if you want me. Have to lift share to get there though!!

16. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Grandparents Golden Wedding Anniversary Dinner that day for me I'm afraid :(

17. super_sop

Hi blondie, looks like i have the same problem as you, my wife wants me to leave the car behind, reckon anyone else from Wem would be intrestedin givin us a lift :?: :?: :wink:

18. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

think i MIGHT be helping out a band there - so would be there - (euph/bari)

19. blondie

blondie Member

Tell you what super sop, we'll ask at rehearsal tonight!!

20. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Won't know for another week or so yet but myself and chewytuba are interested (Bb bass and baritone)

21. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

ChewyTuba can definately make it. I'm still waiting to find out if I'm free

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    everyone
    committee
    Yorkshire
    Humberside
    Mouthpiece.com Band-Hardraw Scar