The Morrisons christmas advert

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by 24aw, Dec 2, 2006.

1. 24aw

24aw Member

Bit of a shame to see a northern family business like Morrison's from a town with a brass band heritage like Bradford using Trumpets and French Horns in there advert!! In fact it amazes me they haven't put some money into banding over the years what with there stores pushing the traditional family thing, i would of thought a affiliation with a band would fit the bill nicely!!! :-?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bradford
    Morrisons
    Bit
    French
    shame
  3. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Just be pleased it is brass?
    They could have used strings, woodwind, harps, paino, guitars, synths - the fact that they used brass instruments of any sort is surely a good thing.

OK, it's not a brass band lineup, but it is still brass.

4. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

Exactly - most people will only notice that it IS brass, not that it's not a "proper" lineup!

5. 24aw

24aw Member

Oh don't get me wrong, the great un-washed will just think its a brass band, but it would of been nice for a family business from a town that has the worlds most famous brass band on its door step to perhaps pay homage in a admittedly small way!! but then again i am on my 6th glass of wine and probably talking (or typing) Rubbish!!! ;-)

6. andreab

andreab Member

Why not write to them and suggest it? (I'm only on my 2nd glass, between us we could probably do a really convincing letter)

7. 24aw

24aw Member

sounds good to me..shall i start?

Dear Sir/Madam

Is that to formal?

8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Well I'm on my, errrrrm, nth glass of cider, and I feel you're being waaaaaay too sensitive here! Brass instruments have been represented on a country-wide advert - the normal Joe or Josephine Bloggs aren't that aware if they're brass band instruments or not.

Our two local Morrisons stores have been supportive of local (and I'm sure Chris @ Menai Bridge will agree) bands at Christmas (carolling opportunities, not to mention being given a full day on the Saturday before Christmas filling shoopers' bags - at each till with a collection till), so I'm certainly not going to focus on any negativity there might be perceived.

There's too much nit-picking sometimes imo..................

9. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

And I'm on my 4th, but I agree! :clap: :clap: with everybody. The joys of Zinfandel and Christmas,. Hurrah!

10. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

Think we need to target Waitrose, I'm sure only symphony orchestras need apply

11. andreab

andreab Member

Oh, sorry, I thought it was just a bit of fun... will return to bottle!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bradford
    Morrisons
    Bit
    French
    shame
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- May as well join in ... cheers :guiness (bought at the present promotion in Morrisons, 3 for £4 - bottles @ £1.62 each!)

14. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- is that what you're drinking? :eek: (Speckled Hen's close enough to Meths though!)

16. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

im a sober irishman whats the world coming too :(

17. andreab

andreab Member

Hey have you heard about this Thresher's scam, (sorry to go off topic) they have published a voucher for 20% off on their website. It's been emailed between friends across the country. They say it's a mistake, but it actually appears to be a great move on their part to get people in their shops, since even with 20% off, their booze still is a similar price to other retailers...I'm guessing the likes of Morrisons, just to go back on-topic...and as it is Threshers have a 3 for 2 offer on anyway

p.s . Mine's a fizzy wine from a booze cruise to France, sorry not to be supporting our brass-friendly northern supermarket, but it's very nice. Cheers everyone.

18. dyl

dyl Active Member

It's 40% actually - and if anyone wants the link then PM me............now I think that's enough of our Sat night drinking exploits, or it's off to Random we go...........

19. andreab

andreab Member

No, don't pm dyl for the thresher's link, go to Morrisons and it'll be cheaper, and they like brass music!

If you really want more brass bands on ads, write to the companies when you're sober (sorry 24aw, I know that was going to be a fab letter) and suggest it. Seriously.

20. MickM

MickM Member

for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, here's the link.

21. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- thanks for that link Mick (... at least I've found out what Matthew Knowles is doing nowadays!).

22. MickM

MickM Member