The Lord Of The Rings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, Dec 8, 2003.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

Return Of The King - just booked my tickets for the 18th December - can't go on the opening day - one of many Christmas Concerts! :evil:

Been listening to the soundtrack pretty constant for the last week - this film is going to be awesome I think - anyone else looking forward to seeing it?

Edit: Just noticed that post made me look a right geek! :? :shock:
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

yep i cant wait to go and see it either
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I'm all booked as well Dyl, but for Sunday 21st... can't wait :)
  4. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

am getting on to the usual chap at work who organises it ;)

Dyl, I thought you wre going to suggest a tMP mods, lotr night out.. ;)
  5. dyl

dyl Active Member

No probs! Llandudno Junction isn't too far away from Dublin for you is it? ;)
  6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

emm nope. it's just on the other side of Ballybough isn't it?
  7. shedophone

shedophone Member

I'm definately going but havnt booked tickets yet.
    is the soundtrack just as good as the others?
  8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Yep. But being a LOTR geek is cool. 8)
    Due to banding/Xmas drinkies/mother-in-laws, probably won't get to see it til after Yule.
    Don't tell me how it ends!
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member

Can't stand LOTR .. Fell asleep in the the 1st one! :D

10. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I'm definitely going with one of my best mates. Hopefully we'll be better behaved than during Two Towers - we kept making loud remarks about how sweet Gimli was - in the middle of a crowded cinema!

We are planning a couple of nights in beforehand though with wine, to watch the first two films again and catch up on everything before we see the final part - how BOCish!

Rach x
  11. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Me and my Dad are deffinately going to see it, I don't know exactly when yet though! :?
  12. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Harry Potter? Oh, you mean the rip off of practically everything Enid Blyton wrote relating to magic?

Nah, Harry Potter was dull dull dull. Lord Of The Rings has so far been a superb conversion to film. I'm sure it will continue.
  13. markyboy

markyboy Member

Just thaught I'd share a bit of info with everyone. Former school band friend of mine Rachel Gledhill plays a percussion solo on the first 'Lord of the Rings' soundtrack. Rachel was the first female player of Hammonds Sauce Works Band (now YBS).
    Another case of ex Brass Band players making a name for themselves in the top orchestral world!
    I'm sounding like a BOC as well (whatever that stands for?).
  14. dyl

dyl Active Member

It sure is - though the last few tracks are much sadder than the previous two. Not having read the books, I'm guessing this gives us a clue as to what happens! ;)

Also, I've read somewhere that Howard Shore has nearly completed his 'Lord Of The Rings Symphony' which will be premiered around April 2004.
  15. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

absolutely! I can't believe we're not getting the next installment this Chrissy.

But I love LOTR too - I've always liked the book(s) and the films are fab. Aragorn......phwoarrrr!!!! :wink:
  16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

You're not wrong :)
    Yeah the first two lord of the rings movies were quality.. hope the 3rd is as good. Harry Potter can feckin well "avanti" as far as i'm concerned.. pile o' trollops
  17. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Can't wait for ROTK, just done my preparatory re-reading of the book (for about the gazzilionth time). Although Im apprehensive about the main battle scenes. I have such vivid images in my mind of them from the book and in some ways I don't want to see Peter Jackson's perception of them!

Ive also heard a rumour that the very end of the book "The Scouring of the Shire" may be missing from the film. I hope not, it's my favourite bit!!

Hope Jackson includes all the small aftermath bits from the appendix as well, but I doubt it.

If you've seen the films but not read the books, read them! Whilst the films are awesome adaptations, they pale in significance to the richness and depth of the book. Tolkien writes so convincingly of Middlearth its unbelievable. The fact that he developed a whole history of his world before writing LOTR is incomprehendable!!

Slightly disturbing too mind, just try reading the Silmarillion......

oh dear, what a boc i am
  18. Big Fella

Big Fella Member

Definately going to see..... 8 of us have booked the afternoon of the 17th off work, and are doing Pizza Hut Buffet Lunch, and then cinema....

If the battle scenes are half as good as Two Towers should be brill...
  19. leisa

leisa Active Member

ooo one of those hobbits went to my college :)
  20. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I can't wait :p :p :p
    It's going to be brill!!!!!!!! :p :p :p