The Longpigs...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chris Sanders, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Does anyone remember The Longpigs, I worshipped this band about ten years ago, but no one I know seems to have even heard of them let alone remember them.

Ive googled them with no luck, Im told they are still together though about 5 years ago I heard they'd split?

If anyone knows whats happening with them now please let me know?

Id love to see/hear them again, 'The Sun Is Often Out' is one of the best albums I own?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Sun Is Often Out
    Ive
    Longpigs
    Id
    Im
  3. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I like them also. Didn't they break up?

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

5. Chris Sanders

ah, thanking you please...

6. B'aht a band

B'aht a band Member

Blimey, the Longpigs! weren't they the band the Levellers could have been if they practised, or just another hippy band????? :icon_rolleyes: :icon_confused: Bring back Neds Atomic Dustbin!!!
    God bless the student bands!!!

Andy, playing Dinosaur Jr full blast

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

The band split up in 1999. Their record company went bankrupt the same day the second album 'Mobile Home' was released/issued.

8. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

When my band recorded our first demo, the studio had the Longpigs drum kit there cos they had been practicing there... so we used a couple of their cymbals.

Cheers 'pigs.

'She Said' was a great song.

9. timbloke

timbloke Member

sadly they split just as I was getting into their stuff. they'd have been a brilliant band if they'd still been around. Their first album is still my fav album of all time, and that's quite impressive cos I'm v. passionate about my albums!!

10. Chris Sanders

Cool, She Said is great, I dont think they did any average songs though, I liked everything they did??

11. timbloke

timbloke Member

I challenge anyone not to stop what they are doing and have a moment's contemplation, maybe even shed a tear, when hearing On and On. Beautiful!! I am going to listen to it now methinks!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Sun Is Often Out
    Ive
    Longpigs
    Id
    Im
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

No wonder I feel left out here ... the only Longpigs album I bought was Mobile Home ... it was okay but nothing startling and stopped me getting anything else by them!

:pig :pig :pig

14. Chris Sanders

Mobile Home was a disappointment after the sun is often out, however I do like it too.

As for on and on, im going to have to listen to that now

15. timbloke

timbloke Member

If you ever get a chance to watch Face (a gangster movie from late 90s starring Ray Winstone, Robert Carlysle, Damon Albarn and others about a massive warehouse job) you will be touched by the scene towards the end at Leicester Forest East Services, with Longpigs On and On in the background. The whole film has a phenomenal soundtrack, and is a good flim from what I can remember. I always think of it as I drive down the M1!!

16. Chris Sanders

Ive not seen it... Yet??

Ray Winstone was in Love Honour and Obey, another film with a great soundtrack, all the cast sing Avenues and Alleyways by Tony Christie and Fireball XL5 by Barry Gray

Ultimate Cheeseorama!!

17. paulspud

paulspud Member

Hasen't the guitarist Richard Hawley recently released an album "Coles Corner"? Heard a few tracks off it, and have ordered it. Sounds damn good, he's got a really deep bass voice. Very mellow.........

18. Chris Sanders

Did anyone watch Hollyoaks tonight? My brother was watching it in the other room when I recogised the intro to one of my favourite Longpigs songs!!

The Intro to 'I Lied I Love You' was used in the final scene... :D

Jesus Christ im sad for noticing... :-?