The London Trumpet Sound Volume 2

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Active Member

A couple of years ago, a CD was released called The London Trumpet Sound . This featured 27 London trumpet players in specially commissioned arrangements.
    Volume 2 has just been released and there are 31 trumpet players on this one!
    Here's the link;

If you haven't yet got Volume 1, we are offering both volumes for the combined price of £15.95 (they would be £21.90 if purchased separately).
    Here's the link for Volumes 1 and 2;
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If I send my copy of Volume 1 back, will you refund the cost and then sell me 1 & 2 at the special price :?:

Seriously, these cds are all worth exploring, even if the running time is usually fairly short. Volume 1 included one or two names very familiar to brass banding including, if I remember correctly, Roger Webster on flugel horn! There are certainly some very unusual sonorities, with some arrangements sounding strangely accordian-like at times. Definitely another one for the "wants" list :!:

I think my personal favourite, of those issued so far, has to be the London Horn Sound, with the Trombone Sound a close second.
  3. Active Member

Volume 2 has got Roger Webster & John Wallace in Carnival of Venice.
    It also includes Carl Nielsen (Cornet) in an arrangement of Amazing Grace.

As you would expect, we have both London Horn Sound and London Trombone Sound on our website;
  4. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

The latter features '76 Trombones' played by.....................76 Trombones!

5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I must admit, I wasn't 'wowed' by London Trumpet Sound Vol.1 (there were some good tracks but some were decidedly average for me) and apparently both volumes were recorded at the same sessions so here's hoping Vol. II is an improvement (just a personal opinion, mind)