The little things in life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rambo Chick, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

I just had a few moments and got to thinking about little things for which I'm very grateful. (I'm probably stating the obvious but I thought I'd say it anyway!)

Books - books are brilliant. They're portable, don't use power and they're always ready when you are to provide nice quiet entertainment (fiction, or fact if that's your preference)

Scarves - putting one on makes you feel all snug and toasty warm (it's winter where I am!)

Chocolate biscuits - go delightfully with a nice cup of tea.

Cup of Tea - ahhhh

Any other little things tMPers are grateful for? I'm sure there are! :)
  2. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

My children! No...honestly! lol! (they are little so they count)

Stepping into a hot bath with a good book and a cuppa to keep me company

The cold side of the pillow - bliss!

Hearing a song that I haven't heard in ages, that takes me back to when I heard it last.

Looking through old photos

oh I could go on for ages lol!
  3. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Coffee. Got me through a year of starting work at 7.15am - I am not good at getting up!
  4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

a cold beer and a games of darts to unwind after a busy week at work
  5. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

A nice smooth dark and fruity pint of real ale ( especially after playing - the Adnams Gunhill was going down very nicely this week after rehearsals !!).

Watching Rugby with all my chums ( generally also associated with a certain consumption of ale ).

Friday night take aways with my good lady ( Indian tonight !!:) ) after a busy week ( and I might have some ale with that ).

Fred Dibnah programmes on Blighty / Dave - lovely old steam trains , engines and proper craftsmen. With a Dyke soundtrack !! . Been known to have a light ale or two while watching that ! :)
  6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Really, really windy days - don't know why, there's just something exhilarating about being out and about on a really windy day!
  7. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

is that after a curry??
  8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

A nice cup of tea.

The first half of the first pint after a hard day at work (the others are pretty good too but the first bit of the first one is exceptional)

A good cuppa.

A lie-in on Sunday mornings.

Finishing work on time (for a change!).

A strong cup of tea.

Listening to good music played well.

Good food.

Having a laugh with mates.

9. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Good health.
  10. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

Music - I know it's not a little thing, but whilst on tour our group of friends had a discussion about which senses you'd choose to lose and in what order, and we all chose to keep hearing till last, because Music inspires so much in life (good and bad) that to go without it would be like living without a huge part of your soul (whether you are a musician or not).

good morning texts - I know it might not sound like a lot, but I find it nice (sad I know)
  11. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

A smile from a beautiful woman - or anyone really - I like to see people smile

12. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Nature / wildlife / bird watching - great way to relax and get away from the busy towns and cities

The advice, encouragement and actions from nice people - they have helped me get where I am and are helping me get to where i'd like to end up :)

my cornet :)
  13. still learnin

still learnin Member

The smell of the sea and the taste of the fresh air when I get back home from London

The smell of fresh cut grass

The smell of chimney smoke in the winter on a cold night

Having a real belly laugh
  14. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

Do I detect a little theme hidden in this something beginning with T

I think a little cuddle with a loved one does it for me (soppy I know)
  15. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Make the day, don't they? :)

Having read that back...I should clarify....Chris doesn't get them off me :D
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  16. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

not as often as I'd like, at any rate....
  17. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Methinks you doth protest too much :biggrin:
  18. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

people who make me laugh
  19. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Cycling in the rain.
  20. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

That's an interesting one! What is it about cycling in the rain that you like?