The Leyland Band Horsham Caritol Theatre

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by dizzystinker, Mar 31, 2008.

1. dizzystinker

dizzystinker Member

Many thanks to the Leyland Band for a great evenings entertainment last night.

What a shame however that the theatre had so many empty seats. I trust that the band had nothing to do with the advertising of the concert? Also a pity there was no programme available, again I trust no fault of the band?

I work in Horsham and as a keen follower of the brass band movement I attend all the concerts I can. However I only by chance found out about this concert at the last minute. I know that many other members of my band would have come if they'd known about it! The Hawth theatre in Crawley has an annual, and well advertised, "season" and it is a really shame that a band travels for seven hours (each way!) to play to a less than full house. Surely if these events are not attended well the bands will stop coming.

Again many thanks to the band we really enjoyed the programme I am just sorry we didn't give you more of an audience. :clap:
  2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Hi and thanks for the kind words.

Someone else noted in this thread that the event hadn't been too well advertised.
    Unfortunately this isn't down to the band so the most we could do was plug it a bit on tMP.
    As far as I'm aware the programme distribution would be a matter for the theatre. We had the programme weeks before so I would assume they did too. It's a normal request from promoters to have the programme well in advance and there were no changes which you would have thought would be a help rather than a hinderance :)
    Having said that it's a nice venue to play and I hope we will be back sometime in the not too distant future. (although preferably not on a Sunday evening!)
    Glad you enjoyed the night
    I got back home around 3am and up at 6.30 for work where the Red Bull is going down a treat.
  3. dizzystinker

dizzystinker Member

Good for you!!!!!

We'd love to have you back!