The Leyland Band @ Bath Festival

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Naomi McFadyen, May 26, 2004.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

2004 NW Area Champions, The Leyland Band, are playing at Bath Festival on Tuesday, June 1st... Starting at 7.30pm

Programme includes:
    Intro to Act III- Lohengrin
    Pineapple Poll
    Arioso
    Crown Imperial
    Wellington March
    Gaelforce
    I'll Walk with God
    March from Pines of Rome

We also have solos from Lucy Murphy on Flugel and Richard Brown on Trombone... both not to be missed!!

;-)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Leyland Band @ Bath Festival 2004 NW Area Champions
    The Leyland Band
    Intro to Act III- Lohengrin Pineapple Poll Arioso Crown Imperial Wellington
    I'll Walk with God
    Bath Festival
  3. Lisa

Lisa Member

Hmm..well, I suppose I should make the effort to come along seeing that I live in Bath.. :wink:

4. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

5. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Is "I'll walk with God" a solo or band arrangement?
    Is it available to purchase from anywhere?

6. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

If it's the one I've got it's arranged by Goff Richards and it is fantastic. It is a full band arrangement - no particular solo for anybody.

Published by (I think - correct if I'm wrong) Studio Music.

Highly recommended.

7. Naomi McFadyen

Yup, I'll Walk with God is a Band arrangement by Goff Richards...
    Lovely piece... and yes, Studio Music I think.... I'll double check in rehearsal later though

;-)

8. alks

alks Member

OOooo, i live local also... Unfortunately, i have a 3 hour information in society exam at 9:00am the next day....probably not wise to go then...boo....i'm also running low on cash, --of course a free ticket might tempt me...hint ...hint... :wink:

If im bored with revision i might try to go....its just bad timing with the exam and all.......grrr

Alks

9. Lisa

Lisa Member

I have an exam 9.00 the next day too :(
    I reckon u'll need a break the night before though - to chill you out for your exam! :wink:

If you're 20 or under then you can get the tickets half price - so that's only £3.50 for the cheapest ones :)

10. alks

alks Member

Hey, looks like i am going afterall, a friend had a spare ticket.
    Any more revsion will drive me crazy so the break will do me good.

Alks

11. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Any thoughts on the concert those who went? :)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Leyland Band @ Bath Festival 2004 NW Area Champions
    The Leyland Band
    Intro to Act III- Lohengrin Pineapple Poll Arioso Crown Imperial Wellington
    I'll Walk with God
    Bath Festival
  13. Lisa

Lisa Member

Yeah, it was really fantastic! :D :D :D I really enjoyed it! The only thing that slightly disappointed me was that I had to go straight back home to do last minute revision ( :cry: ) and I really didn't want to because I was on one of those concert highs!
    Hope you enjoyed your visit to the wonderful city of Bath! Please visit again! :wink:

14. alks

alks Member

I really enjoyed the concert, it was a really nice sound in the assembly rooms. I was sat right at the back next to an american couple who just kept saying "gee darlin its thrillin stuff" (not to me)

Obviously, i could only just make out your face Niomi....
    and i did see you lisa, someone said look its lisa who used to play for us...(bendix).

Anyway, ive gotta play in bath soon on the 27th of june in Parade gardens (behind abby) I think ive gotta do shepard song solo...however unlike Leyland we have no purcussion as yet, in fact we've had no perminent percusion in our band for several years. (have to borrow).
    Ive never played in a bandstand before so its a first for me...

Alks.

15. Naomi McFadyen

Well I must say that it was a really enjoyable concert... Great sound in the Hall... and even a standing avation at the end as well!

Nice to meet Lisa and friends... Glad you enjoyed the concert.

16. Lisa

Lisa Member

After the concert I saw your post that you were going after all and then it occured to me that you were probably the 3rd person with Neil? But I can't remember at all what you looked like (if it was you)!! I can just remember that Neil was stood with two other people! :?
    Oh and is your name Alex Moon by any chance? :?:

Oooh, bet ur excited! :wink: Good luck with the solo...

Oh, and it was nice meeting the best percussionist ever! :D :wink:

17. alks

alks Member

No im no moon. a Dunn i am...
    I would have said hi, but i was off as quick as a flash to get home for revision of my final exam..thats it final degree year over.. just a 6 week wait for results :?
    Yes it was me stood with neil.
    How did your exam go?

Alks

18. Lisa

Lisa Member

Doh! :hammer
    Good Luck! :)

Yeah, my exam was surprisingly easy :D - although I probably shouldn't say that until I know whether I have passed! :?