The late Jo (Joanne) Almack 23.10.1983 - 25.04.2004

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by musicmaker, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

I place this post to remember an amazing musician, who very sadly lost her life two weeks ago.
    Jo was a beautiful young girl who I only new a little, due to her mum playing in the band I was conducting and Jo being an Ex member that was now at uni, coming along to help. When ever Jo came to band she would enter the room with an infectious smile or within seconds have others smiling with something she would do. Jo played in many bands and this shown yesterday at a “Celebration of life” service that took place at St. Aidan’s School in Harrogate, where the Constance Green Hall, was full to bursting, with music, song and prayers from people wishing to say goodbye, and show, there feelings for this sad loss to us all.

Jo has played or sang with:
    Bedale Brass, Ripon cathedral choir,St Aidans school,Wetherby Silver,Synthesis,Tewit youth,Manchester uni choir,Yorkshire Co-op.

I would just like to say from the bottom of my heart. I will miss you Jo.
  2. Owen

Owen Member

The members of United Coop Yorkshire Band were very honoured to play a part in the Celebration of Life for Jo. It is truly amazing that one person was able to pack so much into their life, and to have touched so many people.

God bless.
  3. cornetbabe

cornetbabe New Member

Joanne Almack

It was an honour to have known Jo. She was a very enthusiastic person with a real zest for life. The concert in her memory was phenominal and her friends and family did a fantastic job organising it. I was so proud to have played a part in this concert. I will always remember her infectious smile. I was amazed by the number of people who had attended and in such a short life she packed so much in.

God Bless
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.