** The Langley Band ** 1st Baritone required - NO MORE!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by BottyBurp, Sep 12, 2003.

1. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

I currently have vacancies for a decent Bb Bass and a Baritone player. Langley Band are 1st Section as of January 2004. We are a friendly bunch and you will be made welcome. Rehearsals are 8pm (prompt!) - 10pm Mondays & Wednesdays. We are situated half a mile from Junction 2 of the M5 (Oldbury/West Bromwich area).

Have a look at http://www.langleyband.co.uk

2. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

To help tempt you, we are doing Wychavon, Leamington and Pontins this year...

3. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Now just Pontins & Leamington. Come on, don't be shy....

4. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

OK, just Leamington now...

5. rach marriott

rach marriott Member

Oooo, I'm tempted!!!! I've still not got a band in the grim north (or a job, come to think of it!!!)

Hope you find your players soon!

Any players who are thinking of it, I can tell you that Cliff (BottyBurp) is a BFG (Big Friendly Giant!!!!) :)

6. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

OK, I know you're all just playing hard to get but maybe the fact that we just won Leamington (2nd Section) will help coerce you. Come on, you know you want to... :grnsm

7. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Incentive to join

If it helps all of you teetering on the brink of joining...Bottyburp insists on buying the band a round of drinks after any contest win. (mind you - I think the offer of a night off rehearsals is what really did it at leamington :))

It is a pleasure and delight to assist the lightening of his wallet as the self appointed captain of the formation drinking team :guiness

8. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Does Ken still play for you on the back row?

9. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Yes! He's even started to practise as he knows I respect him as a fine player and musician, just bursting to escape from within! :lol:

How do you know him?

And what do you play? We rehearse Mondays & Wednesdays (8 prompt! - 10 pm) and then pub (compulsory). Bb Bass or Baritone is the correct answer :wink:

10. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Re: Incentive to join

Yeah, my wallet certainly lost a lot of weight in a very short space of time - but it was worth it!

Same deal for the Area, OK?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    MORE
    Bb Bass
    bunch
    player
    1st Section
  12. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

i play cornet and played for brass futures and occassional brass, halesowen and phoenix - thats how i know ken - tell i say a big hello - he's fab! I used to play in the same school bands and outside bands as the one and only lee drew!

13. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Time's running out...

14. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Yippee!

Got a Bb Bass - only need a 1st Baritone now. COME ON!!!!!

15. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Yeehah! Sorted for the Area! Full band!

Sorry to disappoint any of you just about to apply... :cry: