** The Langley Band ** 1st Baritone required - NO MORE!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by BottyBurp, Sep 12, 2003.

1. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

I currently have vacancies for a decent Bb Bass and a Baritone player. Langley Band are 1st Section as of January 2004. We are a friendly bunch and you will be made welcome. Rehearsals are 8pm (prompt!) - 10pm Mondays & Wednesdays. We are situated half a mile from Junction 2 of the M5 (Oldbury/West Bromwich area).

Have a look at http://www.langleyband.co.uk
  2. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

To help tempt you, we are doing Wychavon, Leamington and Pontins this year...
  3. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Now just Pontins & Leamington. Come on, don't be shy....
  4. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

OK, just Leamington now...
  5. rach marriott

rach marriott Member

Oooo, I'm tempted!!!! I've still not got a band in the grim north (or a job, come to think of it!!!)

Hope you find your players soon!

Any players who are thinking of it, I can tell you that Cliff (BottyBurp) is a BFG (Big Friendly Giant!!!!) :)
  6. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

OK, I know you're all just playing hard to get but maybe the fact that we just won Leamington (2nd Section) will help coerce you. Come on, you know you want to... :grnsm
  7. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Incentive to join

If it helps all of you teetering on the brink of joining...Bottyburp insists on buying the band a round of drinks after any contest win. (mind you - I think the offer of a night off rehearsals is what really did it at leamington :))

It is a pleasure and delight to assist the lightening of his wallet as the self appointed captain of the formation drinking team :guiness
  8. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Does Ken still play for you on the back row?
  9. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Yes! He's even started to practise as he knows I respect him as a fine player and musician, just bursting to escape from within! :lol:

How do you know him?

And what do you play? We rehearse Mondays & Wednesdays (8 prompt! - 10 pm) and then pub (compulsory). Bb Bass or Baritone is the correct answer :wink:
  10. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Re: Incentive to join

Yeah, my wallet certainly lost a lot of weight in a very short space of time - but it was worth it!

Same deal for the Area, OK?
  11. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

i play cornet and played for brass futures and occassional brass, halesowen and phoenix - thats how i know ken - tell i say a big hello - he's fab! I used to play in the same school bands and outside bands as the one and only lee drew!
  12. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Time's running out...
  13. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Got a Bb Bass - only need a 1st Baritone now. COME ON!!!!!
  14. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

Yeehah! Sorted for the Area! Full band!

Sorry to disappoint any of you just about to apply... :cry: