The invisible contest

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by James Yelland, May 1, 2004.

1. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

I see that the BBC Young Musician of the Year competition final is on the telly tomorrow (Sunday). This is the first that I have been aware that it has been taking place at all.

Time was when all the preliminary rounds were broadcast in primetime slots in the early evening on BBC2. Now, I suppose, they have all disappeared onto BBC4 where they are largely invisible to the majority of licence fee payers.

There is a programme about what goes on behind the scenes tonight (Saturday) on BBC2 at 5.10pm.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    first
    contest
    BBC Young Musician of the Year
    competition final
    telly
  3. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

I'm glad you've said because I've seen no adverts to inform me of the heats.

4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

One of the girls (the only girl I think) in the percussion final (sunday) plays with Rothwell Temperance band, hope you all gie her a good cheer!!

Good luck!

5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

if it's Andrea (shedophone) you mean, she played with Yorkshire Imps (Rothwell) but has just joined YBS. Might not be the same person right enough but I know she got into the percussion final.

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Another person who made it into the Percussion final is a young girl called Lucy, she's at Chetham's School of Music here in Manchester and plays with Wingates...
    Good luck to everyone taking part...

I'll be tuning into watch tonight :)

7. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

Lucy played with Rothwell Temperance at Cambridge a couple of years back, and has signed back with us to play again this year. I remember taking a sectional with her back then, and not having a lot to do because she could sight read it all...

That is, she's playing with us if she doesn't win the final, in which case she'll be doing the European Young Musician competition on the same day...

Best of luck to her for tomorrow...

Tim.