The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by GingerMaestro, Apr 18, 2006.

1. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Did anyone see the above 2 part drama on Sunday and Monday ITV1. I thought it was the best drama I had seen on over a public holiday for a long time. What with that and Sharpe returning for a new 2 parter next week things couldn't get much better

What do you think

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    ITV1
    Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant
    Sharpe
    parter
    Sunday
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was alright, but felt they sanitised it a bit, probably because it was being shown just after the watershed. I seem to recall an Australian-made mini-series a few years back covering similar ground but more effectively.

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

They didn't show much of the trial though. It was because Boswell defended her in court and got public opinion on her side, that she got off. And then lived off a pension which Boswell paid. Not too bad though but should not be mentioned in the same breath as the god that is Sharpie!!

5. GingerMaestro

Ok Fair comment....Rapier or is it Haigswell

6. clare_euph

clare_euph Member

I thought it was very rude!!! Watched the first part with my parents, and got all embarrassed!!

7. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Watched the 1st episode on Sunday and enjoyed it, missed last night's tho as i went out, can someone give me brief run down as to what happened and how it ended? pretty please?!.....She was from Cornwall afterall :)

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

They got to Timor. Lied about being merchants. The Captain bloke turned up and recognised them. Shot and killed her husband and the young bloke. She and the others shipped back to England. During the 9 month voyage her kids died. She was tried, along with the two remaining escapees and got off. Went back to Cornwall. The End.

9. GingerMaestro

They got out the settlement and headed for Teymore, stopped a couple of time on the way nearly got caught and left one of the escapees by mistake who got caught and taken back and hanged. made it to Teymore and got double crossed by the dutch who lived there and Mary's husband got shot and killed trying to escape, on the way back to England Mary lost her children to a tropical illness and finally, back in England they were found guilty in court but the 3 left out of the group were given a pardon and released. 2 of them went off and did their own thing and Mary returned to Cornwall to her family

Or something like that