the 'illuminati' memorabilia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by uncle eric, Jun 17, 2005.

1. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

dear friends,
    imagine my excitement when i read this
    http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=1035

this strange illuminati group, buying up all the brass band memorabilia. i myself have collected various important brass band items for many years, but now at my advancing age, it may be time to cash in on these exclusive items. our ada has her eye on a weekend in filey, and i may just be able to stretch to it with the undoubted interest that would come from some of the items in my collection.
    items of the quality of this:
    http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=316&stc=1
    the actual superglue that roger webster stuck his lips together with. i managed to secure this rare item from an inside source.

i was wondering, do any of our readers have other rare items they could share with us?

regards

uncle eric

Attached Files:

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

How about a jar of David Daw's breath, captured at the recent Hadleigh concert - guaranteed to give you the extra edge when trying on those "Golden Slippers" :?: ;) :D

3. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

indeed peter

an item of rare quality. click on the link to view this fabulous item. i hear there is interest from a rival group of collectors already for this item.

marvellous

Attached Files:

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've heard of a few players who have a collection of split-notes they want to sell rather quickly! What's the market value for them? :rolleyes:

p.s., the splits are of good quality and cannot be mistaken for anything else.

5. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

good question mr neck.

may i answer by stating that those players from bands outside the top 6 or 7 ranked bands have saturated the split note market (which sadly was already on a downturn) so that they are virtually worthless. however, it can be a quite lucrative market at the very high end. i've heard tell of a smear-never mind a split! on a top a from the ilustrious mr mccann, at a concert in morley town hall 1979 i think it was, fetching a four figure sum in auction.

do let us know

regards uncle eric

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

How about an offer for the bar's rest (long thought to be missing) that led to the downfall of Hadleigh Temple Band in Jersey in the early 90's? Found in only some of the parts, due to the presence of two conflicting arrangements of "Finlandia", this is still something of a rarity. The successful purchaser will find its insertion into any piece in the pad will be sufficient to send any MD and most players into a mad panic. Buy it for your rivals at the next contest!

7. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

ah peter,

the 'hadleigh temple one bar conflicting arrangement findlandia md band and audience disaster' i think it was nicknamed, legendary in collecting circles. this bar was allegedly found in the library of the meltham & meltham mills band back in 2001, but it turned out to be an elaborate hoax. a similar thing happened some 6 months later when some forgerer claimed to own a copy of the bandsman with no reference to robert or nicholas childs!!!

peter if this is genuine then you may just be sitting on a fortune! i'm convinced the illuminati group will be in touch forthwith

regards

uncle eric