The Husband Store!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, May 11, 2006.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

A store that sells husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates.

You may visit the store ONLY ONCE!

There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch . . .. you may choose
    any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

On the first floor the sign on the door reads:
    Floor 1 - These men have jobs and love the Lord.

The second floor sign reads:
    Floor 2 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.

The third floor sign reads:
    Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love the Lord,! love kids, and are extremely good looking.
    "Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:
    Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop- dead good looking and help with the housework.
    "Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:
    Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop- dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak. She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:
    Floor 6 - You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.

Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you
    exit the building, and have a nice day!
  2. Steve

Steve Active Member

I like the fact they exit the building on the 6th floor, perfect for all those impossible to please wenches!
  3. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Hehehehe nice one 2md =)
  4. Di

Di Active Member

We may be difficult to please, we may even change our minds now and then. Or may be not? I don't know. :confused:

But we DO remember when we've read something before. ;):tongue:

But since that one was locked and links to an old link, I'll be extra nice and leave this one open. :)
    Last edited: May 11, 2006
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

flippin know-all :ranting2:
  6. Di

Di Active Member

But a nice flippi know-all. :biggrin::tongue:
  7. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

We had an even number of men to women at band practice last night, and half way through practice we had to stop playing: Conductor told us his fishing story and how it didnt impress his wife- so he then counted the number of women in the band and said "come on then, can you please explain how your minds do actually work!"

Obviously our reply was "if we told you that then you'd be as wise as us and we can't have that can we?!"

Made for a good discussion tho! :)

.........very productive band practice!!
  8. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Women can read??