Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by kate_the_horn, Feb 27, 2004.

1. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

well everyone, after months of trying i gave up attempting to double tongue, went home last night after choir at college, picked up my horn and DID IT!!!!

Ta ta ka Ta KA!!

2. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Nice one Kelly!!!!

Congrats!! I struggle quite a bit coz i haven't spent hours on it yet. Can do it well on trumpet but can't seem to get the hang of it on Flugel as easily. It will come with practise!!

Keep going!!

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

There we go Kelly, was that ok?? :lol:
  3. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

Well done, I've been trying for 5 years+ to triple tongue and it just comes out like a a ball of fluff playing a digeridoo... :p

And no I do know 'how' to do it and can triple tongue fine when not playing but as soon as I try and play it everything goes wrong! :?

Must have a mental condition or something... :(
  4. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

same here!!
    i tried on the trumpet 1st, just double tonging
    gave up on the whole, "trying thing"
    all of a sudden, after months!

5. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

yep, me too...i can do it, but i cant do it and play.... too much for my small braincell methinks....

well done tho!!!!! :D
  6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

ah yes... double tongueing... a mystery to me! I blame it on my abnormally long tongue!
  7. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

Well done!

Like you I struggled with this but in the end I gave up "trying" and it just happened. I'm not very good but it's coming. I find it easier at the moment to triple tongue than double tongue though.

Cheers, Greg.
  8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Whoooooo Hooooo!
    Triplet semiquaver runs are on you then....
  9. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

He, He! When opening this thread titled "The Greatest News Ever" I expected to see that you were pregnant - instead got double tongueing etc! It just shows how's people view on the greatest news ever can be so different.

Congratulations anyway.
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

:lol: I was kinda on the same lines :?.

I can almost double tongue... :D
  11. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I can double and triple tongue, can't play any of the right notes though...
  12. i find it really difficult on cornet. i was wondering if it was easier on larger mouthpieces coz i can double and triple quite well on baritone
  13. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I find everything difficult on the cornet :wink: :D .
  14. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i cant do double tongin or stuff like that but i can do my momma-daddas!

and my twin bro has just told me some random technical stuff on triple n double tongin and i didnt understand a word of it and he told me to post it here, but ill post this instead :shock:
  15. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

I don't - I can almost play a C Major scale! :wink: :lol:
  16. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

sorry to disapoint! im only 17 and at the moment, i was waiting for that!

wen i get preggers, ill entitle it "some rather good news!!)

Kek x
  17. angie

angie Member

woohoo its such a satisfying moment when you finally manage to go 'daga daga daga' to your hearts content after months of 'dag a faf a gahhh!can't do it!' and various words that would be considered anti-social to post on this forum... :D
    congrats, now try the circular breathing...
  18. stabbyjnr

stabbyjnr Member

i can double tongue on a whistle, but im gonna try in a bit so u no... hehe kate the horn is so annyoing mwahahah ahh sisterly love!
  19. Trigger

Trigger Member

Well done!! :D Be careful you don't start double tounging everything though, cos' that happened to me and then I found I couldn't single tounge anything faster than a hymn!! :? I happy to say that this problem is now in the process of being rectified by my teacher. :D