The great Tea debate

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by twigglet, Sep 9, 2004.

1. twigglet

twigglet Member

Well for starters it has to be this....

Bags or leaves

(leaves for me please!)

and then you get into the real discrepancies.... PG Tips, Tetleys or something else.

if you're a 'bagger' do you opt for the traditional round bag or these fancy ones with strings and triangles???

So.... what are your supping habbits of choice?

(and lets not even get onto the sugar and milk debate)
  2. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Milk and 1 sugar :D
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Never drink the stuff, coffee neither.

But for the rest of the family its

Bags, pryamids, white, varying amounts of sugar depending on who you're serving
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

PG Tips
    3 Sweeteners
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

definately tea leaves for me, i have a selection of teas that i get whenever i see a whitards shop.

my favourites at the moment are an Indian spiced chai, and a Green Moroccan Mint.
    both hot and with a little sugar NO milk!
  6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Depends on what I need. If I need a caffeine/sugar fix then it's Yorkshire tea bags, milk and sugar. And chocolate bourbons (but that's another thread to itself)

However, for those more mellow moments I have a very nice packet of Rose Pouchong or some jasmine. No milk, maybe a small amount of sugar and not stewed. And no silly biscuits.

7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm far too lazy to use one of those strainer things so I'm afraid it's pyramid bags for me too... I did try a few of those fruity tea things when I was in Holland, which was actually alright, although I don't think you could dunk a digestive in it...
  8. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Eww eww eww eww Can't stand tea... just tastes like mucky water!

Coffee all the way for me I'm afraid!
  9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

As I hope you know little sister, Tea leaves (PG tips), no sugar, nice and strong and hardly any's about time you made a brew as well!!
  10. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

Assam or Tetleys...Square or round...bags!!!

lots of skimmed milk, and 2 plops pf sweetners
  11. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Bags, only coz i'm v impatient and also can't be trusted with a strainer. Leaves when my mum makes it for me :)
    PG tips for both bags and leaves
    Pyramd bags
    Quite milky, 1 sugar
  12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Pyramid bags all the way!!!! (Well its actually a tetrahedon but hey:p ) they give a much better flavour allow the leaves to move and hence give superior flavour. SO BUY PG PYRAMID TEA BAGS.

BTW did I mention that I work for the company that supplies pyramid tea bag machines to PG? If you buy them you are kepping a poor impoverished flugel player in work...
  13. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

My girlfriend appears to be a connoisseur of teas and coffees....she used a big word when I said I was gonna put icecream in my coffee as Ihad no milk, and freaksat me when I even contemplate putting milk in select teas.

Usually a cofee drinker, but thanks to girlfriend and Jenny Craig I am expereimenting with infusion teas. Currently loving cookies and cream, and caramel. 1 sugar in those, 2-3 in normal tea and coffee. No milk in caramel or honeycombe (or fruity ones anymore.....) but definately milk in ever other tea, and somtimes Custard in my coffee!!!!
  14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I really like strong tea but there is just something about pyramid bags that I really don't like, it goes really orange really quickly (which is usually good) but doesn't have a great taste i.m.h.o. But definately PG leaves...they're great
  15. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Black tea...1 sugar , made of Pg tips..Yum
  16. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Leaves are the best, preferable English breakfast blend. Strong enough to stand your spoon in and with an average quantity of semi-skimmed milk straight from the fridge.

Sugar is just for shock victims, pregnant women and coffee drinkers.
  17. davidsait

davidsait Member

Bags (leaves are too much hastle).
    Ever since I had a free sample of 'Yorkshire Tea' I've been converted to it - it's excellent stuff.
  18. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

I like Tea Leaves better than Tea Bags, you get a better taste with leaves.

But my all time fav is Hot chocolate yum yum yum
  19. ratley

ratley Member

Whittards Afternoon (the one with the cornflowers in in)
    No sugar ever

20. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Earl Grey bags, not much milk, absolutely no sugar. Since I started teaching I've been more of a black coffee and lots of it person.