The Grand Shield - live from Blackpool

Discussion in 'Spring Festival Blackpool' started by TheMusicMan, May 13, 2006.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

tMP team interviews, gossip and discussion on the 4BR retrospective of each bands performance.

Keep watching!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    England
    Newham
    Grand Shield
    Blackpool
    Aveley
  3. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

Can't believe it. Just logged in (from my house in Spain) to see the draw. My band (Polysteel) drawn number 1. 4BR comments aren't too positive either. Don't believe you can win a contest of this quality off a number 1 draw. Still...... first in the bar....not a bad consolation!!!

4. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

Mount Charles have got a good draw. I fancy their chances off a number 11. Leyland too have fallen quite lucky.

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I spoke with a few of the Polysteel players who said that Philip Harper was delighted with their performance. Many in the audience commented that they could hear the resounding... "yes" from him as they band concluded on their last note.

Each person to their own views, hence why tMP are here today to provide that alternative viewpoint. Takes all sorts I suppose eh!!!

6. alks

alks Member

i spoke to a polysteel player on the phone and although disapointed with the no 1 draw, very pleased with the perfomance.

alks

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- early reports back comment that contrary to 4BR opinion that the band showed good dynamic range as well. Glad to see Michael Ball in the box though!

8. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I've just spoken to a polysteel player aswell, who also said the performance when really well, especially considering it was a number 1 draw.... and also that Phil was really impressed with the perfomance!

9. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

I spoke to all the players including my Dad :tongue: and everyone was very pleased! Was there am home now it was amazing best i've heard the band since my dad joining completely different to what 4br have written!
    In true Vicki Reynolds style "it was amaaaaaaaazing!" :tongue:

10. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

I see 4BR liked 8 and 9, Aveley and Pennine. However, all the feedback says that Phil Harper liked the Polysteel performance. Phil is a quality musician and if he says he liked it then I'll keep on looking forward to the rsults regardless of how everybody else plays!. It's not over 'til the fat lady sings!!

(But got to go and watch the cup final now!)

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2006
  11. CJBaggins

CJBaggins Member

Grand Shield

Any idea of what the general audience's thoughts were about the performance of Polysteels?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    England
    Newham
    Grand Shield
    Blackpool
    Aveley
  13. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Ask Vickitorious about the fat lady quote and when it was said in the rehersal this morning!:tongue:

14. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

I think the whole audience really appreciated the performance there was good lenghty applause and lots of cheers and they wern't from us groupies of the band! :tongue:

15. CJBaggins

CJBaggins Member

Grand Shield

Thats good to hear, hopefully the band will finally have some good luck and get the good result they deserve, shame about the number 1 draw but at least they sound pleased.

16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I see that 4BR have a high split count for Tredegar ... although it was summed up as a highly musical performance :-? (... what points would you award?).

17. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Hmm i was just wondering about this performance did anybody hear it because we all know 4br so it maybe a bit biased towards them!??
    What were Mount Charles like also anybody!?

18. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

do we know who is doing the "adjudactions" for 4 BR?

19. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

So we're up to band 13 and half time in the cup final. 4BR are still waiting for a clear winner, maybe they will keep on having to wait right until about band 17!

However, the cup final has been really exciting for those of us who are strictly neutral (but supporting West Ham for the day!). 2 - 1 to the Hammers at half time. Good open game.

20. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Latest updates then people!?

21. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

I'd honestly rather come 6th than 3rd or 4th..... i hate 3RD!!! Still, drawn no 1 and still in 2nd place by band 12 is not a bad show. The draw is SO IMPORTANT in these tight contests.... how often does the winner come from around the half way, or just after, part of the draw?

22. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

Whoops..my maths is rubbish (too many cup final beers....(and what a great game that was)

Polysteel were in 3rd place up til band 14, which is still good going. And 4BR said that they had liked 8 and 9.. well done the 4BR adjudication team!