The Good Wife's Guide

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sparkling_quavers, Jun 24, 2006.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

2. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Thanks for posting this - its all excellent advice.:clap: I have printed off a copy for the wife.
    Its just like they say 'Granny knows best'.
    Personally I think they should teach this type of thing as part of the National Curriculum.
  3. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Where did it all go wrong lol?
  4. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh well, I'll make sure Tim sees this so he knows better how to prepare for when I finish work. :biggrin:
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

and the bloke who published that was found dead the day after it was publised, with his carpet slippers, pipe, neatly folded newspaper and favourite meal all shoved up his jacksie. :biggrin:

Brave, brave man.
  6. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I clicked on this thread thinking it may be a readers wives type of thing... :(
  7. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Take it and gender reverse it and therein lies the basis of the modern relationship :wink:
  8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

You obviously missed the bit about "Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him".:rolleyes: I know some men who would really appreciate that kind of thing.

Although frankly I am appalled and disgusted. It's hard to believe they fell for that even in the 1950s. I've never understood the bra-burning thing (let's face it it only rebounds on you, so to speak) but if that's what they had to contend with then I can see the point.

And before anyone jumps on me, yes I do see the humour, it's very funny and it did make me giggle. But it still gets my back up at the same time...:mad: :-? ;) :D
  9. Now i know I'm the perfect wife!!!!!!!!
  10. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

All sounds like good, sensible, sound advice to me. ;)
  11. bigmamabadger

Dream on baby! :tongue:
  12. NeilW

NeilW Member

Its funny - when I printed it out and showed it to my wife, pointing out that it was from a "respectable journal" - Housekeeping Monthly - all she did was to throw it out of the window!
  13. bigmamabadger

You were lucky not to follow it dear.
  14. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

I've just shown this to my boyf and he asked if I've ever thought of subscribing. Needless to say my answer included a few unpostable words and what will be an empty dinner plate.
    I wonder if there is a male version of this amgazine? Any ideas of what it might be called?
  15. NeilW

NeilW Member

Ah, but then the washing wouldn't get done so promptly, the grass wouldn't get cut, nor the Hoovering, nor the floors washed ..... (I could go on!)

(3 years ago - while cutting one of the hedges - I did manage to throw myself from a height by stepping where the platform wasn't and succeeded in breaking both bones in my right forearm! 6 weeks in a plaster over the hottest summer for years - not nice:frown:)

Interestingly, it seems we may have been "had": seems to imply that the image is a forgery: noone seems to be able to find anything about "Housekeeping Monthly" and the picture is from an Advertising Archive...