The Golborne Band Require.......

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Columbo, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Columbo

Columbo Member

The Golborne Band requires the following players only to complete its ranks.

Principal Trombone
    1 x front Row (Principal for right candidate)
    2 x Back row (2nd and/or 3rd Cornet)

We are looking forward to the following year with a sensible Concert and Contest program lined up. Great facilities in Lowton (Off East Lancs) and friendly band with enthusiastic, yet focussed atmosphere. Lots of positivity here. Current members are of mixed age and ability and we welcome the same.

We also welcome applications from youngsters to play with our youth band which rehearses once a week Wednesdays (7pm - 8pm)

PM me in confidence (Discretion Assured) for details.

2. Columbo

Columbo Member

The Golborne Band requires the following players only to complete its ranks.

Confident Principal Trombone Player
    Euphonium Player
    1 x front Row Cornets (Principal for right candidate)
    2 x Back row Cornets (2nd and/or 3rd Cornet)

We are looking forward to the following year with a new program. Sensible Concert and Contest program lined up. Great facilities in Lowton (Off East Lancs) and friendly band with enthusiastic, yet focussed atmosphere. Lots of positivity here. Current members are of mixed age and ability and we welcome the same.

We also welcome applications from youngsters to play with our youth band which rehearses once a week Wednesdays (7pm - 8pm)

3. Columbo

Columbo Member

Header Note:

Just a quickie to personally say a big thanks to all those people who have played in the last couple of weeks whilst we've had people working away, moving house etc. Particularly those who played at Lowton, last Wednesday in Lowton Civic Hall (What a turn out, 300 or so watching!) and at the march in Leigh last Sunday. Nice to see so many turning out, enjoying themselves and offering to come back down. Cheers.

To confirm, we require:

Confident Principal Trombone Player
    Euphonium Player
    1 x front Row Cornets (Principal for right candidate)
    2 x Back row Cornets (2nd and/or 3rd Cornet)

Other players welcome to come down for a blow anytime, including past members.

We are looking forward to the following year with a new program. Sensible Concert and Contest program lined up. Great facilities in Lowton (Off East Lancs) and friendly band with enthusiastic, yet focussed attitude. Lots of positivity here. Current members are of mixed age and ability and we welcome the same. Rehearsals are Wednesday 8.00pm -10.00pm and Sundays 7.00pm - 9.00pm (then drinks!) with a great atmosphere.

4. Columbo

Columbo Member

After securing the services of a great Solo Trombone player, the Golborne Band require the following to complete our line up.

Euphonium Player
    Cornet players (Position to suit)

Enjoyable Rehearsals and Great friendly atmosphere here with the band improving each week currently.

Rehearsals Wednesdays (8pm - 10 pm), Sundays 7pm - 9pm with drinks afterwards.

Players of all ages welcome. Past players are very welcome to apply. All applications treated in strictest confidence. PM me or e mail: teach@jmsbrass.co.uk

5. Columbo

Columbo Member

After securing the services of a Excellent Solo Trombone player, the Golborne Band require the following to complete our line up.

Euphonium Player
    Cornet players (Position to suit, including principal for right candidate)

Enjoyable Rehearsals and Great friendly atmosphere here with the band improving each week currently.

Rehearsals Wednesdays (8pm - 10 pm), Sundays (7pm - 9pm) with occasional social afterwards. Come for a blow, no obligation.

Players of all ages welcome. Past players are very welcome to come along. All applications treated in strictest confidence. PM me or e mail: teach@jmsbrass.co.uk

6. Columbo

Columbo Member

Cornet players required here please.

Principal Cornet for right candidate. People willing to move to accommodate.

Youngsters welcome also. Any ex players who want to come along are welcome. Just come for a blow and enjoy the night at rehearsal!

Cheers. J.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  7. Columbo

Columbo Member

Golborne are in the midst of a great rebuild!

With a cracking Bass end nearly established, we require EUPHONIUM and Bb BASS Player to complete the Bottom End.

We also require CORNET PLAYERS (Positions to suit, PRINCIPAL FOR SUITABLE CANDIDATE). Candidates must relish the challenge of helping to build a section to match a great sounding lower end!.

There is lots going on here, so if you are interested in joining a fun and proactive band with a great, unique atmosphere, apply in confidence to:

Jason Smith (MD)
    07547 707 257
    Golborne@jmsbrass.co.uk

8. Columbo

Columbo Member

We are in the midst of a great rebuild! To complete we require EUPH and Bb BASS.

CORNET PLAYERS WELCOME ALSO
    (Positions to suit, PRINCIPAL FOR SUITABLE CANDIDATE) (must relish the challenge of building a formidable section).

We have some exciting things being discussed. Come and join in! We are a fun and proactive band with a great, friendly atmosphere. So much so we have guest players regularly coming down to rehearsals! Come down, with no obligation.

PM me and I'll be happy to speak to applicants personally.

9. Columbo

Columbo Member

Golborne Band Require the following to complete an excellent lineup.

To complete we require:

EUPH and Bb BASS.
    1st Horn
    2 x CORNET PLAYERS
    (Positions to suit ability, PRINCIPAL FOR SUITABLE CANDIDATE) (must relish the challenge of building a formidable section to match our great Bass End).

We have some exciting things being discussed for next year. Come and join in and give us your input also! We are a fun and proactive band with a great, friendly atmosphere. So much so we have guest players regularly coming down to rehearsals! Regular socials also. Come down, with no obligation.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  10. Columbo

Columbo Member

Golborne Band Require the following to complete an ever improving lineup.

To complete we require:

EUPH and Bb BASS.
    2nd Trombone
    1st Horn
    2 x CORNET PLAYERS
    (Positions to suit ability, PRINCIPAL FOR SUITABLE CANDIDATE) (must relish the challenge of building a formidable section to match our great Bass End).

We have some exciting things being discussed for next year. Come and join in and give us your input also! We are a fun and proactive band with a great, friendly atmosphere. So much so we have guest players regularly coming down to rehearsals! Regular socials also. Come down, with no obligation.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Golborne Band Require
    Trombone 1
    Off East Lancs
    Golborne Band
    Lowton
  12. Columbo

Columbo Member

In preparation for after the holiday season, Golborne Band Require the following to complete an ever improving lineup.

EUPH and Bb BASS.
    1st Horn
    2 x CORNET PLAYERS (1 x Front Row and 1 x Back Row)

PM me in confidence and I'll be happy to speak to applicants personally.

13. Columbo

Columbo Member

In preparation for after the holiday season, Golborne Band Require the following to complete an ever improving lineup.

EUPH and Bb BASS.
    1st Horn
    2 x CORNET PLAYERS (Positions to suit)

14. Columbo

Columbo Member

PRINCIPAL EUPH and Bb BASS.
    1st HORN
    2 x CORNET PLAYERS (Positions to suit)

15. Columbo

Columbo Member

Delighted with the acquisition of our new Principal Cornet, we now require:

2 CORNET PLAYERS (positions to suit ability) - EXPERIENCED BACK ROW PLAYER WOULD BE VALUED!
    PRINCIPAL EUPHONIUM (BARITONE CONSIDERED)
    Bb BASS

We have players who are flexible, therefore applications for other positions also welcomed.
    Come join this friendly and enjoyable band. Applications Welcomed from players of all ages.

Rehearsals:

Wednesday 8.00pm - 10pm
    Sunday 7.00 - 9.00pm (Drinks After!)

PM me or e mail with phone details for an informal chat (Discretion assured)

golborne@jmsbrass.co.uk

16. Columbo

Columbo Member

Hi Friends, We would like to fill the last couple of seats in our band.

Applications are welcome from players of all ages and abilities. If you know anyone who may be interested, please pass them onto me or my details to them. I would appreciate any help (Beer included!)

The seats left to fill are:

Principal Euphonium (Due to flexibility by committed players, we will consider 2nd Euph or Baritone instead)

2 Cornet Players (1 x Front Row, 1 x Back Row)

Bb Bass

This is a very friendly and enjoyable, yet committed group of bands people, who are taking their rehearsals very seriously with a view to continued improvement. We invite you to come and see for yourself with no obligation.

All applications treated with the utmost discretion.
    PM me for informal chat.

Thank you all.

17. Columbo

Columbo Member

Applications are welcome from players of all ages and abilities. If you know anyone who may be interested, please pass them onto me or my details to them. I would appreciate any help (Beer included!)

Principal Euphonium (Due to flexibility by committed players, we will consider 2nd Euph or Baritone instead)

2 Cornet Players (1 x Front Row, 1 x Back Row), Some experience there would be greatly welcomed.

Bb Bass

This is a very friendly and enjoyable, yet committed group of bands people, who are taking their rehearsals very seriously with a view to continued improvement. We invite you to come and see for yourself with no obligation.

PM me for informal chat.

18. Columbo

Columbo Member

We have now recruited 2 new players from our training band who are doing a great job on the back row!

Applications are welcome from the following players of all ages and abilities. If you know anyone who may be interested, please pass them onto me or my details to them. I would appreciate any help (Beer included!)

2 Cornet Players (1 x Front Row, 1 x Back Row), Some experience there would be greatly welcomed.

Bb Bass

PM me for informal chat.

19. Columbo

Columbo Member

Required:
    Applications are being welcomed for the following, by this ambitious and friendly band:

2 x Euphoniums (Baritones considered)
    2 x Cornet Players

Positions to suit

Lots of exciting things planned for next year.

Rehearsals:
    Mondays and Wednesdays 8pm to 10pm

If you are prepared to commit yourself to an enthusiastic outfit then call for an informal chat.

Jason M Smith
    07547 707 257
    golborne@jmsbrass.co.uk

20. Columbo

Columbo Member

Oooooh! We almost have a full band. Baris and euphs sorted now!

After a successful personnel rejig, we now can announce that we require only the following for a full lineup!

We would very much welcome the services of 1 or even 2 FRONT ROW CORNET PLAYERS

Experience preferred, but not essential as full training can be provided!! LOL!

We have a very committed band now, so regular attendance is a must!

Contact me on here or call me:
    07547 707257
    Mail: jmsbrass2@gmail.com

Thank You.

21. LittleEuph

LittleEuph Member

Hi Jason,

Great to hear you have sorted your Euph and Bari section :clap:

Everyone else- I have helped Golborne out recently and can confirm how friendly and welcoming and committed the band are. I am sure whoever joins will have a great time :cool:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Golborne Band Require
    Trombone 1
    Off East Lancs
    Golborne Band
    Lowton