THE EVENT- Who's going to stay over??

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by The Cornet King, Nov 5, 2003.

1. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I'll stay! The Cornet King has promised me beer for giving him a lift there! :lol:
    If anyone else wants a lift from Leeds/West Yorkshire area then P.M. me :D

2. Di B

Di B Member

I won't be stopping over unfortunatly, but I can assist those that don't know Brum! I would suggest getting a hotel on Broad Street (same place as Symphony Hall) as this is the main 'pub run' in Birmingham packed with pubs and loads of night life, is a 10-15 minute walk (or 5 min taxi) from station.

The best budget hotel I know is some sort of sleep inn/comfort inn/something like that where rooms are around £40 a night - you might be able to get family rooms?

All I know, is the hotel is linked directly with Old Orleans, probably the only quiet pub on Broad Street! There is also secure parking behind the pub/in front of the hotel for those driving down in Mercs!

Have spent many a happy morning coming out of that place with a hangover :wink:

3. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Well Steve will play Sop is you need one and haven't got one. If he's wanted let us know and we can arrange the necessary childcare.

4. leisa

leisa Active Member

hmmmmm would you go back to manc if you didnt have the cash im having problems gettin there and back......so if anyones goin in a car there and back and has room for little me.......??

5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Hey Andrew, you'd better not be one of these serious heavyweight drinkers!!! Otherwise i'd better apply for another student loan now :lol: :evil:

On the other hand, thats what a student loan is for (beer, lots and lots of beer :D :D )mmmmmm........
    They'd better have some decent Ale down in those parts!! :D

6. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

the train is only a tenner !

7. leisa

leisa Active Member

a tenner where from!!!!! my mothers tryin to destroy me!!!! she told me it was 30 quid!!

8. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

I am staying over! It's a long swim back otherwise..

9. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

right, I'll contact sparkly and you tonight, and you can see each other at band, but you can get a single for £4.50 or something from piccadilly, and it goes through stockport.

10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

not sure how late you'd be able to get a train back... if I get the car to go down, I'll definitely be staying over, as I plan to be in no state to drive! Can you not stay till the saturday then?

11. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I think i'll be staying over, money permitting.

which is nice

12. dave jake

dave jake Member

Don t know :dunno

13. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I am staying over and Leisa the train is less than a tenner you just need to drink less to save money! haha!

14. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

or get someone to buy it for you...

either is good...

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

It's an interesting theory... but I think I'll leave it to someone else to try it out!

16. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I'll be staying over too - who's gonna organise the hotel then - and don't volunteer me cos I'm snowed under with work!!!

Rach x

17. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Congratulations for Volunteering Rachel :lol: :lol:

Not sure yet. We need to investigate prices and try get a group booking!
    The cheaper the better, more money for beer :guiness :guiness

18. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

it's already being done!

19. dyl

dyl Active Member

I'm gutted that I can't stay over - we have a contest the day after, and I'm already missing a rehearsal to come to CIN so can't push it to miss the contest as well! Will be staying for a couple of shandys though!

20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Gor blimey the social engineering is going to be complex for this one. Who gets to sleep with whom, and why.
    Obviously it'll be cheaper for everyone if people share, also where are we going to find a hotel with 48 free bedrooms all on one night.
    If I end up sharing with anyone who snores/farts/sleepwalks there will be unpleasantness which is why I'm NOT volunteering to share with Jessop-Smythe. :x
    Like I said, I'm probably going to be a bit of a lightweight so will happily share with another lightweight. :oops:

I'll be picking up the Manc. train in Crewe probably, so can meet up with Mancs if you let me know what train you're on? (Feel a song coming on....)
    BMB