The Event - VENUE & FURTHER INFO

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Roger Thorne, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi All,

We have just had confirmation of the Venue for the Radio Broadcast for Children in Need.
    We can confirm that the Venue is The Mailbox. This is just a couple of minutes walk from Birmingham New Street Station.

For further details of the Venue please click on the link below.

http://www.birminghamuk.com/BrumFoto/mailbox/mailbox.htm

We will be appearing/playing on the Sally James Show. (from Tiswas fame)
    We are hoping that the TV appearance will be from the same building although we have not had official confirmation on that at the moment.

We would suggest that you aim to arrive in Birmingham between midday and 1.00 p.m. and head for The Mailbox building. We would need a rehearsal about 2.00 p.m. before we go into the studio.

Please remember that there is also a TV appearance and we will be playing outside to the crowds during the course of the evening, so if you can’t arrive until later you will still be able to take part in the evening sessions.

Another bit of good news is that John spoke yesterday to the Head of Finance and Operations for BBC CiN who said that is will be Ok for tMP to set up a donations link on e-Shop using PayPal.
    Hopefully John will be get that up and running within the next few days.

We are now able to answer some of the questions that have already been asked.

I am in the process of sorting the tMP music folders which will consist of standard brass band arrangements that the majority of players will be familiar with. eg: Radestsky March, Slaidburn, Men of Harlech, Teddy Bears Picnic etc. etc.

NO! - This would be too costly. Remember tMP is non-profit making! Hopefully as I've said earlier the music should be familiar to the majority of players.

You can organise that one amongst yourselves! I'm sure you'll find suitable B&B accommodation.

Your normal Band Uniform please. (Could someone please bring a spare Jacket for CornetGirl!) Remember that we will be playing outside so don't forget to wrap up warm for the outdoors performances.

The sponsor forms are now on the forum and can be downloaded and printed out. We would expect everyone taking part to raise at least £10 (the more the better) Further details can be found on the Sponsor Form Thread.

John has asked me to conduct on this occassion. But I'm sure he'll wave the stick as well.

I hope thats answered the majority of questions regarding the event so far. We will keep you informed as and when the information is received here.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation.

Roger

:wink:

2. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

No Questions anymore!

3. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

those of us who have put down that they'll play either of two instrument -

will we be told which?

4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hopefully we'll be able to look at the band in more detail come the weekend and work out the seating positions etc. So if you have a preference to which instrument you'd rather play please state. It would certainly make our job a lot easier and perhaps avoid dissappointment.

:wink:

5. davidsait

davidsait Member

Roger,

Thanks for answering the questions. Unfortunatly I have some more!

1. Will there be somewhere to change when we get there? I really don't want to travel by train in a dinner suit!
    I don't know, but would presume they will give us a room or cupboard under the stairs! No doubt we'll find somewhere, the main Foyer probably. Seriously, we'll make enquiries and let you know.

2. Are we wearing uniform for the radio broadcast or just the telly?
    Good question. Only if we've got somewhere to change!!
    I think it will depend on whether there are any TV cameras lurking in the corridors. We'll make that decision on the day.

Err, I think thats it, except that I would probably prefer to play cornet on the day.
    No Problem

Cheers