The Event - Parking

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Di B, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Di B

Di B Member

All,

In a bit of a quandry.... I was looking at training it to Birmingham but I have worked out the last one back to Derby leaves at 11pm :roll: :roll:

Now then, I can fit plenty of beer in before then (that isn't the problem!) but *if* we *might* be playing live at 10.28pm it isn't likely I am going to get the train that evening is it? :cry:

So.... does anyone know any really really cheap places to park in Brum City centre 'cos even though I used to work around there I haven't a clue!

Info on this and also any clarification on wether we are live/recorded would be of assistance, cheers.

Oh yeah, this is to give me some peace!!! ;-) ;-)Many thanks to members of Matlock Band, Carlton Brass and Long Eaton band who have sponsored myself and Kirstie :lol:

Will that do ya :wink: ?

2. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I thought it was pre-recorded to go out at 10.28, but I don't know. Mods...

3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I've spoken to John this evening and it's more than likely that the 10.28 p.m. slot will be a pre-recorded session.

:wink:

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Di...

Look our for a detailed announcement sometime tomorrow where I will explain exaclty what is happening, times, expectations etc....

This information I can do :D .... parking.. errrm.... sowwy :( , no can help here... :cry:

5. Di B

Di B Member

It might be worth asking the BBC about parking, *or anyone local!!) cos anyone who is travelling down is going to have to contend with city centre parking. The Pallasades is where I used to go but it isn't the cheapest.

I think I will still go on train then. If there is a problem Kirstie and I will take over your house squeaky! :lol: Don't worry, we'll let you pitch a tent in your garden :wink:

6. timbloke

timbloke Member

Well i'm going to be on that train (to derby) cos that's the last one i can get back to sheffield. so no solo tromb if you're playing that late.

7. dyl

dyl Active Member

There is a car park at the Mailbox that is open 24 hours a day. I've just given them a ring and their rates are:

1hr - £2
    2hr - £3
    4hr - £5
    6hr - £6
    8hr - £7
    12hr - £8
    24hr - £10

Maps to the Mailbox and the car-park are available at: http://www.mailboxlife.com

8. Di B

Di B Member

Cheers guys!

Now I have a choice.... do I go in car or go on train knowing I could be accosted by a trombone player? :lol:

Still, both are better than hi-jacking squeaky's I guess :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice