The Event - Parking

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Di B, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Di B

Di B Member

In a bit of a quandry.... I was looking at training it to Birmingham but I have worked out the last one back to Derby leaves at 11pm :roll: :roll:

Now then, I can fit plenty of beer in before then (that isn't the problem!) but *if* we *might* be playing live at 10.28pm it isn't likely I am going to get the train that evening is it? :cry:

So.... does anyone know any really really cheap places to park in Brum City centre 'cos even though I used to work around there I haven't a clue!

Info on this and also any clarification on wether we are live/recorded would be of assistance, cheers.

Oh yeah, this is to give me some peace!!! ;-) ;-)Many thanks to members of Matlock Band, Carlton Brass and Long Eaton band who have sponsored myself and Kirstie :lol:

Will that do ya :wink: ?
  2. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I thought it was pre-recorded to go out at 10.28, but I don't know. Mods...
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I've spoken to John this evening and it's more than likely that the 10.28 p.m. slot will be a pre-recorded session.

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Di...

Look our for a detailed announcement sometime tomorrow where I will explain exaclty what is happening, times, expectations etc....

This information I can do :D .... parking.. errrm.... sowwy :( , no can help here... :cry:
  5. Di B

Di B Member

It might be worth asking the BBC about parking, *or anyone local!!) cos anyone who is travelling down is going to have to contend with city centre parking. The Pallasades is where I used to go but it isn't the cheapest.

I think I will still go on train then. If there is a problem Kirstie and I will take over your house squeaky! :lol: Don't worry, we'll let you pitch a tent in your garden :wink:
  6. timbloke

timbloke Member

Well i'm going to be on that train (to derby) cos that's the last one i can get back to sheffield. so no solo tromb if you're playing that late.
  7. dyl

dyl Active Member

There is a car park at the Mailbox that is open 24 hours a day. I've just given them a ring and their rates are:

1hr - £2
    2hr - £3
    4hr - £5
    6hr - £6
    8hr - £7
    12hr - £8
    24hr - £10

Maps to the Mailbox and the car-park are available at:
  8. Di B

Di B Member

Cheers guys!

Now I have a choice.... do I go in car or go on train knowing I could be accosted by a trombone player? :lol:

Still, both are better than hi-jacking squeaky's I guess :lol: