The Event - Latest Announcement

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Roger Thorne, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

OK Folks here’s a reminder of what’s going on, an update of times and the tMP Band.

Event: Children in Need
    Venue: The Mailbox, Birmingham
    The Mailbox is just a couple of minutes walk from Birmingham New Street Station.
    For further details of the Venue please click on the link below.
    http://www.birminghamuk.com/BrumFoto/mailbox/mailbox.htm

Meeting Times: From Midday onwards.
    We would suggest that you aim to arrive in Birmingham between midday and 1.00 p.m. and head for The Mailbox building. We will need a rehearsal about 2.00 p.m. before we record. For those of you arriving later we will be in the vicinity of The Mailbox so we shouldn’t be that difficult to find.

Playing Times:
    Rehearsal 2.00 p.m to 3.00 p.m.
    Radio Broadcast between 3.00 p.m. and 4.00 p.m.

The times of play after this are still undecided but the information we have been given over the last 24 hours is as follows:

They have confirmed 3:00 p.m. on Radio and a TV clip (either live or recorded) will go out at 10:28 p.m. on BBC Midlands and hopefully National TV. They may also use us for the 6:30 p.m. Midlands Today News slot . . . again they are not sure if this will be live or recorded, we will be playing to the crowds during the course of the evening.

It is important to note that we remain together from 3.00 p.m. until 6.45 p.m. to ensure we have a full compliment ready for filming/recording. It is also worth noting that we will probably not be playing for too long on the Radio or TV, but we will hope to play for a longer duration when we play to the crowds although this needs further confirmation and clarification with the BBC.

There will be a special area cordoned off for us to play in the Mailbox but space is limited.

Don’t forgets:

Music: All music will be provided.
    Uniform: Please wear your normal Band Uniform including Concert Jackets
    Could you also bring a Music Stand, Stand Banner/Drape and Lyre.
    (These will not be provided)

The Band: As you can appreciate, it has been a very difficult task selecting the seating arrangements to get a balanced band especially when we don’t know everyone’s capabilities. The positions have been agreed by the Moderators and Administrator on the information you supplied, but we sincerely hope that no-one feels offended with the set up. We trust you will enter into the spirit of the Event which, at the end of the day, is to raise money for a very worthy cause, celebrate The Mouthpiece.com’s first birthday and of course have a brilliant time.

Soprano Cornets:
    Steve Anson
    John Whatley

Solo Cornets:
    Chris Hoyle
    Neal O’Kennedy
    Elin Twigge
    Lynda Brown
    Leisa Mallalieu
    Craig Foskett

Repiano Cornets:
    Julia Picot
    Andrea Nash

Second Cornets:
    David Sait
    Mel Macfadyen
    Andrew Garrett

Third Cornets:
    Caroline Twigge
    Kirstie Goodall

Flugel Horns:
    Rachel Higginson
    Joanne Elson
    Kat Adams

Solo Horn:
    Aidan Smith
    Dylan Williams

1st Horn:
    Vicky Reynolds
    Jen Burns

2nd Horn:
    Rebecca Winn
    Kari Anson

Solo Baritone:
    Michelle Garbutt
    Diane Reynolds

Second Baritone:
    Jerram Stead

Euphoniums:
    Kevin Short
    Diane Bonser
    James Broadhead

Solo Trombone:
    Tim Benson

Second Trombone:
    Paul Lynch
    Liz Smith

Bass Trombone:
    Piers Hallihan
    Neil Twist

Eb Bass:
    Chris Doran
    Colin Harding
    Hilary Mateer

BBb Bass:
    Stan Garbutt
    Dave Jake

Percussion:
    Dave Morgan
    Tom Shepherd
    Vacant :cry:

If you have any further questions please post below.

The Mouthpiece.com team look forward to meeting you all next Friday and wish you all a safe journey.

Roger

:wink:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Event - Latest Announcement
    tuning problems
    key signatures
    lynchie
  3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Yeh Roger just out of curiosity. :D

Whats the full programme of pieces we shall be playing??
    Or is it a big surprise.. :wink:

Can't wait for it now! :D Should be a great day/weekend! :D
    I think a big Thank You and Well Done needs to go to the people (e.g John and Roger and the mods) for all the hard work that went into making this event possible. I'm sure we can all make it one to remember!

Cheers Guys. :D :D

4. Roger Thorne

I thought we'd play the Cornet Solo - Golden Slippers during the course of the evening. Pagannini will be in (shouldn't have any problems there with the Scottish open in a couple of weeks) There's also a nice little Baritone Concertino :D (the band might need to practice that one though!)
    Resurgam and Journey into Freedom will definitely be in as will Concerto de Orange Juice.
    We'll include a couple of lollipops just to keep the crowds happy as well.

5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Now thats a damn shame...I was rather hoping we could get our teeth stuck into Contest Music! :cry:
    But Golden Slippers... :D
    Never heard of the Baritone Concertino... :wink:

6. Roger Thorne

Oh, I forgot to mention Contest Music!

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

erm did I tell ya i had a bad back RT, and mite not be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

8. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Brilliant Rog, bring it on..
    I'll be able to employ my patented "watch notes flying past" skills

9. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

how about 'mr jums' and 'borage'? will be able to play 'borage'
    properly with two bass troms...

10. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

MR JUMS!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

11. timbloke

timbloke Member

No pressure eh? :? :shock: :( 8)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Event - Latest Announcement
    tuning problems
    key signatures
    lynchie
  13. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Go Tim!!

I'm sure you'll handle the pressure!!

14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Not surprised you're on your own there, Tim - can't be that many Tormbone players around :!: :wink: :lol:

Is it anything like Christian Lindberg and his hornbone concertos :?:

15. timbloke

timbloke Member

Yes i shallbe blowing hard on the tormbone... roger i suggest i should play the Orcrabat by Will Greenwood.

16. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

'tis a whale of a piece...

17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

just think though... 2 second troms! That means you have 2 people to blame all your splits and tuning problems on! Lucky devil...

18. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Didn't he make the first solo Atlantic flight? Did he do it on a horn? Maybe Round the Horn.... :?
    BMB

19. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Orange Juice? Bring it on!!!! (I'm serious - I'll do anything musical to entertain, with the exception of playing a trombone!)

Rach x

20. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

mmmmmmm Musical------trombone :?: theirs two words you dont here together very often :lol: :wink:

21. timbloke

timbloke Member

clearly your understanding of the english language is misguided, few people reach the heights of "supreme" vocabulary!! there is (note "there is" is shortened to there's not theirs) however one type of person... the trombonist!! their's (used correctly here - sorry i don't mean to sound mean but it is one of those things that really bugs me) is a supreme understanding that you should bow down and respect...

and before you all question me (or point out the million and one mistakes in this message - remember........

I got a gold star when I was only 7 for my vocabulary!! :D the childhood equivalent of at least a few of these :guiness :guiness

22. Roger Thorne

Orange juice is definitely in the pads for Friday! Unfortunately, the others have missing parts :cry: so we'll just have to stick with pure gorgonzola!

Incidentaly, I'm still waiting for a certain 'title' to be delivered from Headline Music! (Hurry up David, there's fifty quid on this one!)