The Diet Coke & Mentos Experiment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, Nov 11, 2006.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

[SIZE=-1]Like it says, 251 bottles of Diet Coke, over 1,500 Mentos mints, and waaaaaay too much free time:

Linky!

:cool:
    [/SIZE]

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I wonder how many attempts they tried to get it right?

3. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Some people have too much spare time... you're right Dyl

4. Jamie

Jamie Member

That is utterly amazing!!

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Does it have to be Diet Coke? I've got some ordinary coke and a polo mint, do you think that would work? :rolleyes: :tongue:

6. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

No idea, but if you put a tooth in a glass of Pepsi, Coke or anything like that, the carbon dioxide reacts with the calcium (or something like that anyway) and it decays the tooth down to a little pebble!

7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

That is the most stupendous thing I have ever seen! (Well not quite, my daughter's first smile is up there somewhere, but allow me some hyperbole...)
    Next Pontins everyone has to bring a bottle of Diet coke and some Mentos.
    BMB
    xx

8. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

This was tested by the US television show Mythbusters on an episode last year. They tested various types of colas, along with different types of mints. Diet Coke and Mentos brands created the biggest reaction, although other combinations also worked to some extent.

9. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Can't we do it at Butlins or will nobody be there?

10. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Thats fantastic. Definately right in saying that they have too much time on their hands though, that must have taken hours in planning, preperation and setting the whole display up, I wonder how much it cost them to do

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Diet Coke & Mentos Experiment
    bottles
    Diet Coke
    Mentos
    mints
  12. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

I wonder who ever thought of mixing Diet Coke and Mentos in the first place?