The Devils Gallop

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by boneman0970, Apr 8, 2005.

1. boneman0970

boneman0970 Member

Hi There,
    I've been given the arduous job of trying to locate the above piece' The Devils Gallop( The Dick Barton Theme) the item is featured on The Year Of The Dragon CD

Having tried to order it from or normal stockists they have said it is now out of print!

Can somebody give me any ideas,places or bands where I can get this piece of music as our MD is asking for updates on the piece.

With Thanks
    Gatehead Brass
  2. davidsait

davidsait Member

If it is indeed out of print, you could write to the publisher requesting permission to photocopy it from another band.

Thats the only way we managed to get a copy of Hootenanny...
  3. Adrian Horn

Adrian Horn Member

I believe Mark Bentham (conductor of Hepworth Persimmon Homes Band) has done an arrangement of this for that band. You could try contacting them. Depends whether he got copyright permission to do an arrangement he could sell or just for the use of Hepworth and the particular recording it is on.
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It's listed on the Just Music site in an arrangement by J Harper: may be worth checking if they have any left in stock:
  5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

There are, as has been mentioned, lots of different arrangements. If it's the arrangement specific to the Foden's recording you want, why dont you drop someone over there a line ( I've played it, and remember it being on manuscript, but can't remember if it was one of Mr Snell's arrangements or not...