The Court of tMP

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by Di, Jun 6, 2005.

?

Is 2nd Man Down Guilty or Not Guilty?

1. Guilty

31 vote(s)
    47.7%
  2. Not Guilty

34 vote(s)
    52.3%
  1. Di

Di Active Member

The Court of tMP opens today with Judge Mumsie* presiding.

* The people have requested another Judge and Judge Super_Sop now presides. :clap:

Case #01

Mumsie v 2nd Man Down

The charge is as follows:

Unsolicited meanness towards Mumsie by 2nd Man down.

I put to you the latest available pieces of evidence:
    Excert from an MSN discussion between Mumsie and Crawfy:
    Mumsie : the little grey cells are sleepy
    2md Bring on: well to be fair there won't be many left either will there?

You're in Ireland?? I thought it had gone quiet...I just assumed I'd gone deaf!

Hey Look!!! June 4 is . . . . . Old Maid's Day!!! national Dinie Day!! ;):biggrin::tongue: *hides rather quickly!!*

^ is giving mumsie lip!! :eek: ^ (Hornikaz) wants to be careful cos ^^(Mumsie) can kill a man from ten paces with one blow of her tongue!!!!!
    The prosecution calls for witnesses to bring forth and state any evidence of further acts (oh yea, there's quite a few of them out there) of meanness by the defendent.

You, the tMP Jury are requested to pronounce the defendent Guilty or Not Guilty as charged.

You, the tMP Jury are then requested to bring forth suggestions for punishment should the defendent be found Guilty!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Mumsie
    Super_Sop
    Case #01
    tMP The Court of tMP
    Man Down
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Excuse me for seeming a little dim mumsie, but are you allowed to sit in judgment on your own case????

have you been soaking them cupla brain cells in the ol' black stuff across the water??

4. Di

Di Active Member

Hoi, you wanna join the defendent on charges?

Of course I can sit judgement on my own case! I stand a better chance of winning that way! :biggrin::wink:

Besides, its my Court and I can do what i want. :cool::clap:

5. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Erm... Craig has got a point "Big Sis" Mumsie!! :(

Last edited: Jun 7, 2005
  6. super_sop

Well if its a cheatin' yer doing mumsie, im gona have to stay on the side of me ol BB budy 2md!!!

7. Di

Di Active Member

OK. Mumsie, being the wonderful, tactful sweet natured Supermumsie that she is, listens to the opinions of the Jury and gracefully concedes the point.

Super_Sop, you are now Supreme Judge on this case. Congratulations on your appointment.
    :clap::clap:

8. super_sop

AH!:redface: i would love to reside in the high seet of the high court of tmp, but i feel as i am connected in some way to both parties then i must decline to acquese to yourproposal :biggrin:

9. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'll be Judge! :D

10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

guilty as charged!!!

11. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

As a fellow terrier the defendant can be none other than not guilty!

:terrier

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Mumsie
    Super_Sop
    Case #01
    tMP The Court of tMP
    Man Down
  13. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I reckon he should have his legs waxed as his punishment :tup:biggrin:

Or help mumsie pay up for the buckets of hair dye she buys each month to help cover up her "silver highlights" :tongue:

14. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I question the charge of "Unsolicited meanness towards Mumsie by 2nd Man down".

Did you Mumsie, or did you not - invite 2MD on your recent trip across the local pond.... and does that then make the alleged meanness shown by 2MD as solicited rather than unsolicited...?

*I'd make a good judge eh...;)

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

I can see case #2 being within the family!!

16. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Judge John

It has a good ring to it!!

[​IMG]

17. Di

Di Active Member

It certainly does! OK Judge John! You're elected!

Should I have invited 2nd Man Down on our trip?

And now I'm saying nothing else until I have my Lawyer! So there! :rolleyes:

18. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Should is not the issue here. Should is subjective. In my court we deal with facts. Did is the issue. Did is objective.

I will instruct the jury in this regard during my summing up, but for now... "Jury, you must take this into account when considering your verdict. It is a fact that the defendant did not get invited across the local pond. Is it then, beyond reasonable doubt that the crime to which he has been accused - that of meanness to said complainant - was sloicited or not?"

For the time being... Judge John... out.

19. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If we end up with a "hung jury", who's going to carry out the sentence?

20. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

As the counsel for the prosecution, once my client's case against the defendant is proven, the person getting to carry out the sentence will be me.

And if he is also proven to have a crazy frog ring tone, the punishment sought WILL be cruel and unusual.

2nd Man Down is going down!

By the time I've finished with him, he'll be playing Bb Bass!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  21. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

^... thought that was gonna end with 'percussion', then Will..... ;-)

22. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Point of Order

Your Honour, having discussed the case with my client, I am going to approach the bench. I would ask permission, but in the face of such partiality, realise my request would be denied!

One asks this:Should it not be 2nd Man Down's lawyer who questions the prosecution? Is the Judge overstepping his bounds here?

And where is the defendent, as a matter of interest? Does his absence not show his total disregard for this case? Does his absence show contempt for the court's proceedings? Indeed does not his absence from the court show utter contempt for both your Honour, and worse still....

tMP?

I await your considered opinion, your Honour.

W.Elsom, of Rod, Hull and Emu Solicitors