The Cory Band best performance with Dr Robert Childs at the helm.

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by ilovespheres, May 7, 2012.

?

Cory Band and Dr Robert Childs Best Contest Performance

Poll closed Aug 15, 2012.
  1. Spiriti - Europeans 2012

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Red Priest - British Open 2011

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. From Ancient Times - Europeans 2010

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Titan's Progress - British Open 2008

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Brass Blót - Europeans 2008

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Visions of Gerontius - British Open 2007

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. St. Magnus - British Open 2004

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Revelation - Europeans 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Harrison's Dream - Nationals 2000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Paganini Variations - Welsh Areas 2011

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. Salute to Youth - Welsh Areas 2009

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Brass in Concert 2008

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  13. A Tale as Yet Untold - Europeans 2010

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  14. Standing on the Shoulders of Giants - Europeans 2009

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  15. Anything else...Please note.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ilovespheres

ilovespheres Member

Dr Roberts Childs and the Cory Band performed with each other for the 52[SUP]nd[/SUP] time in a contest at the Europeans on the weekend, as ‘Spiriti’ sang ‘A simply breathtaking performance from Cory. They gave everything for the collective cause here and delivered a truly memorable swan song for their MD too.’ (4br), there was tears due to it being the last contest appearance for the golden partnership that has lasted 12 years. I’m wondering where, which and when did we hear the best performance from the Cory Band and their fantastic MD, Dr Robert Childs.:clap:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Robert Childs
    Roberts Childs
    Robert Childs.
    Cory Band
    SUP
  3. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

Spiriti- Awesome performance at the Europeans pity the three in the box didn't see it that way. Well done to Dyke well deserved win, but manger 7th and cory5th !!. The curtains must have muffled the sound? Somewhat bemused by the result. Subjectivity at its best, always rely on a Brass Band contest to do that for you!

4. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

For the results of this poll to have any meaning, wouldn't you have to have been at all of them?

5. ilovespheres

ilovespheres Member

Well, you can look at it like that, I've heard them all, but I'm just trying to get the whole picture of the best performances they've done and when. Personally If I look at someone like YBS, I'm always thinking of Music of the Spheres, Concerto Grosso and St Magnus but when I look at Cory I always think about Spiriti, From Ancient Times, Red Priest, and from interest mostly, to see what other people thinks when they think about Cory and theyir best performance in the last 12 years. :)

6. ilovespheres

ilovespheres Member

Usually I'm trying to keep out from the 'results' comments, but I do feel that Cory and Manger were placed too low. I don't know what those men in the box heard, and at the end of the day, they had the last say, but 7th and 9th for two performances that was nigh on perfect really doesn't reflect the final result. It's also interesting to see what the result were on Set Work 1) Black Dyke 2) Cory 3) Eikanger 4) Manger - 4 of the favourites, but then on Own Choice 3) Black Dyke 6) Eikanger 7) Cory 9) Manger . Not that I'm saying that other bands didn't deserve their placings, and I congratulate them all, but the results does seem quite interesting and odd. Especially with the comments from 4br and other brass 'tweets'. Oh, well, congratulations to every band on which seems to have been an historic weekend! :clap:

7. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

Sad as it may sound, But we have been privileged to be at all the performances listed.