The Cornwall Symphonic Brass

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by boagy, Jun 23, 2008.

1. boagy

boagy Member

See latest posts for latest details

Are you interested in playing in a Symphonic Brass Ensemble?

I am setting up a new Symphonic Brass Ensemble and I am looking for French Horn and Trumpet players in Cornwall. You will need to be of a reasonable standard and Trumpet players will preferably be able to double on Eb, D, Piccolo Trumpet and Flugal Horn depending on what part you play.

This project is in its infancy and I hope to start rehearsals in the next few weeks but I need French Horn and Trumpet players. If you are interested PM me or e-mail at tubarifficmusic.com.

Cheers

Graham Boag

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Symphonic Brass Ensemble
    B
    details
  3. boagy

boagy Member

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Are you allowed to use bad language on tMP?

F****H Horn!!

How very dare you.

5. boagy

boagy Member

Sorry, but I have managed to get Four of them, F####H Horns that is as well as all the other brass players I need, we start rehearsing very soon :)

cheers

6. boagy

boagy Member

2nd Trombone needed

The Cornwall Symphonic Brass is in need of a 2nd Trombone. This new brass ensemble based in Truro, Cornwall has 16 brass and 4 percussionists and will be giving it’s first public concert on 25th September in Truro. Future concerts will feature West Side Story arr. Eric Crees, Pictures at an Exhibition arr. Elgar Howarth and The Planets arr. Stephen Roberts. To be part of this new and exciting brass group please contact me either by PM or grahamboag@hotmail.co.uk

Come on, join the fun contact me now.

Graham Boag
    Musical Director
    Cornwall Symphonic Brass

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  7. boagy

boagy Member

Cornwall Symphonic Brass Vacancies

Due to increased work commitments of our Principle Trumpet, Mr. Tim Carleston, applications are invited from suitably experienced players who have the ability to double on various instruments including Piccolo, Bb, Eb and D Trumpet. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to perform as a soloist with the ensemble at future concerts and be part of Cornwall’s only symphonic brass ensemble.

Applications are also invited from suitably experienced French Horn players for the position of 3rd Horn. This is a fantastic opportunity for a young Horn player to join Cornwall’s only symphonic brass ensemble who wants to play at the highest level.

Please send a brief resume of your playing experience to the Musical Director, Mr. Graham Boag at grahamboag@hotmail.co.uk or call 07813 765199.

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment Guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  8. boagy

boagy Member

Latest Vacancies

Cornwall Symphonic Brass would like to hear from Trumpet, Trombone or French Horn players who would be interested in playing for Cornwall's only Symphonic Brass Ensemble. Rehearsals will be starting again next month and we plan to do an 'American' themed concert in July.

Cornwall Symphonic Brass do not rehearse weekly and only form in the weeks before each concert, we had a successful 'Launch' concert and we hope to build on this good reputation.

I you are interested in playing for this group then please PM me or e-mail grahamboag@hotmail.co.uk