The Calendar Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tewkeshorn, Oct 18, 2003.

1. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

What with this film of the WI that stripped off to raise money, wouldn't it be funny to get a BB calendar to raise funds for good causes (or if they havent been good this year then I'm sure tmp could put it towards more web space!). I ain't volunteering, and frankly I really don't think I could sell it!

Bass players would get off lightly (and percussionists), and feel sorry for any brave MD that is armed with just their baton!

I'm sure theres some avid photogrophers and closet naturists out there!!
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

sounds like fun :wink:
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

We've discussed this, and based on the fact that our conductor wasn't pleased about being armed with solely a baton .......

..... but to which someone else coughed up

"that's be plently to cover it up anyway".

'Nuff Said!!

4. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

just come back from seeing the film with Sammy T........ very enjoyable film!!............ anybody got a REALLY big baton I could borrow?? :wink:

JEZ@LADSB Member

I have mentioned the idea of a calender to some of our band (Lanner and District) they think it would be excellent. Watch this space! :lol:
  6. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

i'll do it - but only i can play Bbb bass for it :wink: :lol:
  7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Oh God Please Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

Mind you as an ex-Lanner resident and player I'm quite willing to get naked for any cause!!!
  8. leisa

leisa Active Member

SSBB did a calender!!!! its still on sale infact!! hehehehehehehe it was only a anniversary thing though!! we should do a TMP one!!
  9. SammyT

SammyT Member

Its a great film!!! We had similar ideas - might move back on to euph for that though!!! :oops: :wink:
    There used to be that magazine in the tMP weekly soap though!!!! :shock: :wink:
  10. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Perish the thought :roll: :oops:
  11. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

You don't want to say that Craig because Wem have already had this idea of a calendar-check out the band wem site and go to the guestbook. Although you wouldn't be alone Caroline's all up for it...! :D
  12. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

already seen it and im all for it too!
  13. Craig is up for that idea arent u
  14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Sop players might object a bit too... all of a sudden they'll all be flugel players!
  15. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Well it looks as though our band will be doing a calendar (an idea I suggested and was raised back in May) but it won't be in line with the recent film release and will be a little more reserved.
  16. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

:shock: I better get my photo's back from the printers then! :oops:
  17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Or a bigger bow-tie :wink: :lol: :lol: